HELP! I cannot communicate with my husband

Electrableu

Your service is blocking my ability to communicate with my husband. Every time I send him an email it is bounced back. This is extremely unfair... we pay large sums of money to our internet providers each month and now because of you we cannot even communicate with one another. The providers say there is nothing they can do unless spamcop.net will release my domain (www.hunton.com) from your blocking list. Hunton.com is a private company that does not engage in spamming and has absolutely no reason to be on your block list.

PLEASE REMOVE HUNTON.COM FROM YOUR BLOCKING LIST IMMEDATELY SO WE CAN COMMUNICATE WITH OUR LOVED ONES AND LEGITIMATE BUSINESS CONTACTS REGARDING ONGOING BUSINESS!!!

Our IT department has been trying to reach any human being at spamcop.net to get this problem corrected, but have received no responses to their repeated inquiries.

You are causing damage to our operations and need to take care of this problem IMMEDIATELY.

Thank you.

Spamcop does not block anything. Whatever gave you that idea?

If you want assistance why your mail is being blocked by the person or isp you are trying to send it to then post the error/reject/bounce message or post the IP you think is blocked. Spamcop is just a list of IP addresses.

Please read the FAQ that is linked to at the top of every forum here, specifically the "Why am I blocked" section. Pay attention to the fact that domains (www.hunton.com) are not listed on spamcop's list, only specific IP addresses. Both of your riemailfe servers have been sending messages to the spamcop spamtraps.

www.hunton.com => 216.203.16.159

216.203.16.159 not listed in bl.spamcop.net

MX's for hunton.com

preference = 5, mail exchanger = hunton.com.mail5.psmtp.com

preference = 6, mail exchanger = hunton.com.mail6.psmtp.com

preference = 7, mail exchanger = hunton.com.mail7.psmtp.com

preference = 8, mail exchanger = hunton.com.mail8.psmtp.com

preference = 10, mail exchanger = riemailfe1.hunton.com

preference = 10, mail exchanger = riemailfe2.hunton.com

riemailfe1.hunton.com internet address = 148.170.8.41

148.170.8.41 listed in bl.spamcop.net (127.0.0.2)

Causes of listing

System has sent mail to SpamCop spam traps in the past week (spam traps are secret, no reports or evidence are provided by SpamCop)

Additional potential problems

(these factors do not directly result in spamcop listing)

Listing History

It has been listed for 2.4 days.

riemailfe2.hunton.com internet address = 148.170.8.42

148.170.8.42 listed in bl.spamcop.net (127.0.0.2)

Causes of listing

System has sent mail to SpamCop spam traps in the past week (spam traps are secret, no reports or evidence are provided by SpamCop)

Additional potential problems

(these factors do not directly result in spamcop listing)

Listing History

In the past 44.2 days, it has been listed 2 times for a total of 3.7 days

For more information on the messages in the spamtrap (they could be virus bounces, out of office messages, etc) you will need to contact deputies<at>spamcop.net. That information is also in the FAQ.

Your server www.hunton.com is not listed in SCBL (checked here).

However the IPs used to send e-mail do show some interesting trends (both increase and decrease) here).

You may get an erronous message about SCBL but only the deputies at SC.net can answer that.

PS. OK, Steven has the answer: <<spam was trapped>> ...maybe an quick look at the relevant FAQ's would be instructive!!

Hello Electrableu,

I see that you're currently reading the "Why am I blocked" FAQ (by clicking on your user id), so that's a good start. Perhaps you're not aware that this Forum is almost entirely "users helping users," so shouting at people who might be able to help you is a BAD idea.

First, we need more information. You've named your domain, "Hunton.com" as being blocked, so I'm assuming that you work for Hunton? You should tell the email server administrator for Hunton to come here and communicate with us directly, because here's the likely cause of this situation:

I think I saw some evidence by searching on Google Groops that Hunton's email servers use some flavor of Microsoft Exchange Server, and so the most likely situation is that their outgoing mail server than handles your mail has been compromised, probably by an "SMTP Auth hack" and is being used by spammers to send out junk. That would explain how it got put on the SpamCop Blacklist, because it is currently a source of spam.

However, we need more evidence. We need to see some details from the blocked email messages, and we need the IP address that is supposedly blocked, and I think your server admin would be the best one to provide that.

DT

And those 2 servers do not seem reachable at the moment either.

16695[/snapback]

I just reached them???

148.170.8.41 = riemailfe1.hunton.com

FTP - 21 Error: ConnectionRefused

SMTP - 25 Error: TimedOut

HTTP - 80 HTTP/1.1 200 OK

Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0

Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 14:51:08 GMT

Connection: Keep-Alive

Content-Length: 1270

Content-Type: text/html

Set-Cookie: ASPSESSIONIDQABQDRSD=KDFJFCDAPPHBFAEHKONJKMHN; path=/

Cache-control: private

POP3 - 110 +OK Microsoft Exchange 2000 POP3 server version 6.0.6556.4 (riemailfe1.ad.hunton.com) ready.

NNTP - 119 Error: TimedOut

148.170.8.42 = riemailfe2.hunton.com

FTP - 21 Error: ConnectionRefused

SMTP - 25 Error: TimedOut

HTTP - 80 Error: TimedOut

POP3 - 110 +OK Microsoft Exchange 2000 POP3 server version 6.0.6556.4 (riemailfe2.ad.hunton.com) ready.

NNTP - 119 Error: TimedOut

Archived