changed email address and messages getting blocked

auntiek

My email address has changed and I forgot all about being signed up with SpamCop. Some of my posts to yahoo groups are bouncing and their site listed this as the last bounce message:

Remote host said: 554 Service unavailable; Client host [66.94.237.47] blocked using

bl.spamcop.net; Blocked - see http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?66.94.237.47 [RCPT_TO]

I went to that site, and I can't log in because i don't have a user name or password recorded anywhere. It doesn't recognize my new email address, but if i ask it to send info to the old one, i won't receive it.

My former email address was "kgeller <at> rcn.com". The new one is "kgeller <at> patmedia.net". I couldn't find a way to send this message to anyone except via this discussion group. Can someone help me figure out why my emails are being blocked and change my email address in the system (and see if i had an old user name and password, and set new ones if i didn't)?

Thanks!

Karen

People who use spamcop and are interested in spam fighting can help you answer the questions about why emails are blocked.

Someone who has changed email addresses and then couldn't log on to an account might also give you his experience and solution. I had a similar problem, but I don't remember how I solved it. I think I finally got a reply from the 'support' email address.

Somehow I don't think that the two problems (being blocked & a new email address) are connected.

Miss Betsy

My email address has changed and I forgot all about being signed up with SpamCop. Some of my posts to yahoo groups are bouncing and their site listed this as the last bounce message:

Remote host said: 554 Service unavailable; Client host [66.94.237.47] blocked using

bl.spamcop.net; Blocked - see http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?66.94.237.47 [RCPT_TO]

I went to that site, and I can't log in because i don't have a user name or password recorded anywhere. It doesn't recognize my new email address, but if i ask it to send info to the old one, i won't receive it.

My former email address was "kgeller <at> rcn.com". The new one is "kgeller <at> patmedia.net". I couldn't find a way to send this message to anyone except via this discussion group. Can someone help me figure out why my emails are being blocked and change my email address in the system (and see if i had an old user name and password, and set new ones if i didn't)?

Thanks!

Karen

16978[/snapback]

I think there are a couple of different issues here. There is an account under your old rcn address -- it appears to be a free account so you can simply ignore it and sign up for a new one with your new address. I can't see any reason why you wouldn't get the new account confirmation and be able to use the new account to report spam.

As for the bounce message you see at yahoo: 66.94.237.47 is a yahoo IP and it was blocked for a few days back in August. I am assuming that you logged into yahoo to find out why you weren't receiving some yahoo group mail and found that bounce message? That would mean that the ISP you used at the time was using the SC blocklist and rejected mail coming to you from that IP.

Archived