No confirmations anymore ?

Rocky33

Hi, I've been forwarding my spam to Spamcop using my email client since the beginning of this year. Now since a week or two I don't receive any reports anymore with the link to finalize the process.. Since I also don't receive any error messages, I don't know what the problem could be.. Any ideas ? Thank you !

The usual outcome of this situation is that for some reason your registered e-mail account was bouncing, so the SpamCop server simply stops trying to send e-mail in that direction. If you log on to "your" page at www.spamcop.net, I believe you'll see some commentary, and have some instructions / options on clearing the problem.

Hi, Rocky33,

...Hmm ... it's been working fine for me.

...Here are a couple of things for you to look at:

...If you'd be so kind as to share with us what operating system (type and version) and e-mail client (type and version) you are using it may help us help you a bit more.

Hi, I've been forwarding my spam to Spamcop using my email client since the beginning of this year. Now since a week or two I don't receive any reports anymore with the link to finalize the process.. Since I also don't receive any error messages, I don't know what the problem could be.. Any ideas ? Thank you !

17112[/snapback]

If the messages are actually being delivered to SpamCop and the problem is simply you are not receiving the confirmation emails, the work around is to go directly to the web site, log in and the "Report Now" button should be there and you can report as normal. A lot of us actually don't like receiveing the email confirmations and wish we could turn the off. But thats a separate issue and we handle it by simply ignoring them and deleting them.

Thank you for all your replies. It was actually my bad : I changed the alias on my pop-box by accident and got bounced (blush). I Changed it back - problem solved.

So,

> Wazoo : spot on.

> turetzsr : good link, but OS has nothing to do w/ it ;-)

> dbiel : Really ? I prefer to handle spamreporting by email client because I have this routine for every spam message : ALT-M-D (forward to SpamCop); ALT-I-S (insert standard SpamCop message [below]); ALT-M-S (block sender/domain) :-)

My SpamCop Standard Message (mail body) :

"The attached spam message was not stopped by my ISP's spamfilter (which uses the SpamCop BL), so chances are high that this is a new report.

Thanks for helping rid the internet of spam ! "

Kudos, Rocky out

Thank you for all your replies. It was actually my bad : I changed the alias on my pop-box by accident and got bounced (blush). I Changed it back - problem solved.

So,

> Wazoo : spot on.

> turetzsr : good link, but OS has nothing to do w/ it ;-)

> dbiel : Really ? I prefer to handle spamreporting by email client because I have this routine for every spam message : ALT-M-D (forward to SpamCop); ALT-I-S (insert standard SpamCop message [below]); ALT-M-S (block sender/domain) :-)

"The attached spam message was not stopped by my ISP's spamfilter (which uses the SpamCop BL), so chances are high that this is a new report.

Kudos, Rocky out

17160[/snapback]

...Glad you were able to work it out. Thanks for taking the time to return here and let us know the good news!

...BTW, "turetzsr" is just my forum user id. Please refer to me as "Steve T" (see my sig, below). :) <g>

I prefer to handle spamreporting by email client because I have this routine for every spam message : ALT-M-D (forward to SpamCop); ALT-I-S (insert standard SpamCop message [below]); ALT-M-S (block sender/domain) :-)

Rocky, can we talk you into making a contbution to our How I use spam Cop, A detailed example thread?

Archived