I am continually stopped

stefdragon

Hi, the server spamcop continually stops my e-mails directed to one friend of mine.

After 48 hours I am decontrolled, but after 2-3 e-mails the block returns and I continually finds me in this condition.

Do I have necessity to communicate with this person, don't I send e-mail advertising or sites links that you/they sell products, therefore because I continually come jammed?

Thanks, and you excuse the English, but I use a translation program...

Please start by trying to read the following link. Your English came through pretty well and I hope you can get enough out of the FAQ there:

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=972

To help you much more we will need the error message you are receiving which includes the IP address being blocked.

In general, you should be discussing this with your ISP as they are the people who can do something about keeping the address off the blocklist.

Please reply back with any specific questions you may have.

Thanks, and you excuse the English, but I use a translation program...

The English is good, but I think you might have problems understanding the SpamCop "Why Am I Blocked?" message, depending upon your English skills. Did you try reading it yet? Here's a link:

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=972

Please try to read that now. We also need for you to provide us with more information. Perhaps you have one of the error messages that came back when you tried to send email to your friend? Please show us part of that error message...the part that shows us the "IP address" (numbers, like "66.35.218.199") that is being blocked.

SpamCop doesn't block anyone, but the SpamCop Blacklist contains the IP addresses (numbers) of servers that are being used to send junk email. Perhaps the server that sends your mail is being used by "spammers" to send junk, and you are an innocent victim.

(I see that Steven posted his response a few seconds before me...)

DT

My own huntch is that his name is Stefan and he is Romanian (dragon is the clue). I may be wrong on that one, but only few can trace the IP to give a deffinite answer. I do get Italian spewed spam daily so you could very well be right on that one.

PS. And except for having an Italian girlfriend I know only a couple of dirty Italian words. But I do speak two other latin based landuages.

This user did in fact spend some time in the "Why am I blocked" FAQ ... But yes, I'll bet trying to run that through an English to Italian translation box led to some interesting verbiage. (Yes, posting IP does end up on an .it address)

You may be right!

Truemetal.it - True Heavy Metal Online - ... steelzombie, Stef, Stefania, Home. stefanito, stefano, stefano3k, Stefano7, stefanobonelli, stefanof, Stefano, Home. stefanovigna, stefdragon, stemetallo, Stengah ...

www.truemetal.it/modules.php?op=modload& name=Members_List&file=index&letter=S&sortby=unam... - 34k - Cached -

I'm fluent in Italian although haven't been involved in the technology field over there so I'll have to struggle through the technical mumbo jumbo (though it's usually just the English word). If it turns out the language in question is Italian I'll be glad to help out.

--Louis

I'm fluent in Italian although haven't been involved in the technology field over there so I'll have to struggle through the technical mumbo jumbo (though it's usually just the English word).  If it turns out the language in question is Italian I'll be glad to help out.

--Louis

17154[/snapback]

Why not PM him/her, some of us were debating whether to post his/her e-mail address... it's unlikely he/she would come back..

Archived