[Resolved] Cannot get mail to go through Spamcop

I'll try to describe my set up as well as possible. I'm not a tech savvy person, so please keep that in mind with responses.

I'm using Outlook Express

I have my POP set up to mail.spamcop.net

I use my Spamcop username/password in my account settings

When I click Send/Receive, it acts like it's checking the mail, but I never get mail even though I've sent myself test messages

I check my webmail and find that spam is being held, but my tests never make it there

In my forwarding area, I've tried it without an email address and I've tried it with my home email address. Nothing.

In my POP Configuration, I have my SBC incoming email POP server listed, my SBC username and my SBC password. Neither box to the right is checked.

I hope that's enough information. It's befuddling how it's filtering the spam and I'm able to report it fine, but I'm just not getting my regular mail.

Thank you in advance!

Posted ar 12:35

I sent a test from my work email to my home email and received this bounce:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at blade6.cesmail.net.

I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.

This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<turners3ATspamcop.net>:

This message is looping: it already has my Delivered-To line. (#5.4.6)

Posted at 12:44

I saw that it was "looping", so I removed my home email address from the forwarding page and sent myself another test message. It's not even making it to my spamcop inbox.

Posted at 12:48

Removing the forwarding email might have done the trick. My test made it to my inbox on my home email.

I'll test it again from another and see if it works.

Don't mind me, I'm talking to myself and accidentally fixing the problem as I go, I guess.

Posted at 13:02

Seems to work fine now. Disregard this post.

<Additional posts were deleted, contents moved into this Post .... un-needed data explaining the "looping" issue deleted .... >

For anyone else reading this thread, the correct sequence of events is:

1) forward mail from the original ISP to SpamCop

2) POP the SpamCop account from the local client

If you forward your mail from SpamCop back to the original address you create a loop which as been described above. The spam was being filtered and therefor was removed from the loop.

Note: with OE you can also use IMAP which will give you access to all of the folders in your SpamCop account, not just the INBOX which is the only folder that POP has access to. see the FAQ for more information

Archived