No response from SpamCop

agthorn

I am having a 'related' problem. I have been a 'paid' user of spamcop for awhile (and I think I am beyond most of the early training errors I have made, but this may be a left over one).

I am reporting spam, and it is being properly sent to my spam address that I have always used and sent as attachments but I have not gotten a 'report' email back from spamcop since late August, nearly a month, which makes me think that my spam is not getting reported or I have somehow gotten into some block list. not sure.

I went online to my spam account, verified there is still plenty of 'megabytes' left in my paid account and that is where in checking the past reports that I have seen that it looks like Spamcop hasn't heard from me since August. I wonder if I have a resident gremlin in my computer eating up anything I send to spamcop. it's wierd and I can't explain it.

Any and all guideance appreciated.

I am afraid we need to ask for more information.

You send mail to your reporting accouting by forwarding it as an attachement.

What do you do next? Wait for an email reply?

Have you ever logged into the web site to see if you have messages ready to be processed?

There are some of us who would actually like to turn off the email notification, but that is a separate story.

SpamCop will stop sending email messages if it encounters a problem, but that flag can be easily reset.

Failure to receieve the email confirmation does not prevent completing the processing cycle, it just means that you have to loggin to the web site

First of all, I fail to see how your problem of "no respnse" is any where close to getting a "500 internal server error" ... so your post has been split out from the Topic you placed it and a "new" Topic started.

I see you've posted over in the newsgroups and here, but give no indication as to whether you've yet gone through the FAQ. This "no response" is covered in a couple of places, but you should assumedly start with the "Lost and Missing e-mails" entry.

As you mention "megabytes left" ... keep in mind that you are apparently describing a "Report Only" typr of account.

I am reporting spam, and it is being properly sent to my spam address that I have always used and sent as attachments but I have not gotten a 'report' email back from spamcop since late August, nearly a month, which makes me think that my spam is not getting reported or I have somehow gotten into some block list.  not sure. 

Unlike Non-paid accounts, if you use the webmail and reporting, you won't receive the email, telling you that the spam has been reported. I had the same question when I started to use the Webmail system.

If you use "Report spam" from the Held folder in Webmail, you will get a "Quick reporting Data" email.

I am having a 'related' problem. I have been a 'paid' user of spamcop for awhile (and I think I am beyond most of the early training errors I have made, but this may be a left over one).

I am reporting spam, and it is being properly sent to my spam address that I have always used and sent as attachments but I have not gotten a 'report' email back from spamcop since late August, nearly a month, which makes me think that my spam is not getting reported or I have somehow gotten into some block list.  not sure. 

I went online to my spam account, verified there is still plenty of 'megabytes' left in my paid account and that is where in checking the past reports that I have seen that it looks like Spamcop hasn't heard from me since August. I wonder if I have a resident gremlin in my computer eating up anything I send to spamcop.  it's wierd and I can't explain it.

Any and all guideance appreciated.

17376[/snapback]

I had a look at your account and confirm the last spam reported was Wednesday, August 25, 2004 02:02:03 -0600. There has been no spam received by SC since that time (if the mail was reaching us but not followed through it would still show up in your past reports as "no reports filed".

Write us at deputies at admin.spamcop.net with more particulars, such as the where you are forwarding the mail from/through. There was a problem with mail being sent from Cox, but I think/thought that was resolved. We should be able to assist with more info.

Richard

There was a problem with mail being sent from Cox, but I think/thought that was resolved.

One of the primary Cox outbound mail servers, fed1rmmtao12.cox.net [68.230.241.27], is listed at SORBS, but that's probably not related (although some of the mail sent to me by Cox users is winding up in my Held Mail because of that).

DT

Archived