mailhost registration

stan

While submitting a spam I've been somehow informed of a new mailhost registration service that should improve spam source detection, etc.

I have registered my main email address successfully, but then I wanted to register my other emails which redirect to my main email, as suggested, but I can't find any way to do that! I can't find any info about that service anywhere...

Now I have the feeling that my registration is half complete, and I can't do anything about it...

Any hint? :-)

While submitting a spam I've been somehow informed of a new mailhost registration service that should improve spam source detection, etc.

I have registered my main email address successfully, but then I wanted to register my other emails which redirect to my main email, as suggested, but I can't find any way to do that! I can't find any info about that service anywhere...

Now I have the feeling that my registration is half complete, and I can't do anything about it...

Any hint? :-)

You'd have to elaborate as to what this mailhost registration service is.

Well, if you don't know what it is, I guess you can't help.

From what I remember it's a new procedure that is being put in place by the spamcop team to enhance the detection of source mail servers from the mail headers by registering each user's mail server(s), or something like that.

Spamcop sent me one mail for each "mx" or whatever mail server of my ISP, which I had to reply to, and that's it.

But I'm supposed to register also email addresses/servers that forward mails to my main email, which I can't because I have no URL to do that anymore.

Well, if you don't know what it is, I guess you can't help.

From what I remember it's a new procedure that is being put in place by the spamcop team to enhance the detection of source mail servers from the mail headers by registering each user's mail server(s), or something like that.

Spamcop sent me one mail for each "mx" or whatever mail server of my ISP, which I had to reply to, and that's it.

But I'm supposed to register also email addresses/servers that forward mails to my main email, which I can't because I have no URL to do that anymore.

Your first post brought up the specter of a recent spam dealing with the National Registry for the Prevention of spam or some such garbage.

The only thing I can think of that would deal with SpamCop is the possibility oif "pre-registering" your MX, so as to prevent the probationary period on a "newly discovered MX" .... But, even if this is it, I don't recall hearing that a SpamCop notification was sent out ... I can only recall a posting by Don eons ago (over in the newsgroups) that gave out the recommendation.

Further, why e-mail addresses would be required is very odd. I'm almost afraid to ask ... are you sure all this came from SpamCop.NET? ..... vice some garbage spew from spamcop.COM ??????

Yes, it was on this web site :-). Some link was shown to me while I was validating spam reports...

Honestly I don't feel like spending more time on this (I'm a bit tired tonight too :-]). Things seem to work as well (or bad, depending on the spams :P) as before anyway!

Thanks for the help anyway.

Archived