Mail system creating new "sent-mail" folder?

ob1db

The mail system suddenly has created a new "sent-mail" folder it insists on using instead of the "Sent Mail" folder I have had (and was given by the system) since day 1.

I see no preference for changing this behavior!

Is this is system change or have the developers of "Horde" email just changed something ?

Or am I missing something idiotically stupid??

Did NOT see any similar topic. I think it began a few days ago, not sure. When I create new messges, I see the option has changed to "Save a copy in my sent-mail folder. The system gave me a message that it was creating such a folder, did not register on me at the time...

Another oddity: when I try to create new folders, I get an error saying the name is not valid for names like "Special" or "Save", yet renaming another folder the same name works just fine...

thanks

David

Is it possible one of your identities is configured to use a different sent mail folder?

Options, Personal Information, Edit your identities

Use the Select an identity pulldown to inspect each identity and see where they various ones place sent mail and if sent mail is even saved. Each identity can be configured differently.

Also, be aware that if you reply from webmail, it selects your default identity UNLESS the original was sent to one of your other ids, in which case it uses that ID. That has caught me a couple times where a message to both my address and my wife's address (both fowarding to spamcop) were in the message but hers was first and the reply appeared to to come from her.

Is it possible one of your identities is configured to use a different sent mail folder?

Options, Personal Information, Edit your identities

Use the Select an identity pulldown to inspect each identity and see where they various ones place sent mail and if sent mail is even saved.  Each identity can be configured differently.

Also, be aware that if you reply from webmail, it selects your default identity UNLESS the original was sent to one of your other ids, in which case it uses that ID. 

17997[/snapback]

Weirder and weirder!

I only have ONE ID, as I thought. It appears to have switched that option for me!

I have no other IDs, but use 3 other emails which forward to it...

Any thoughts??

Have been using webmail steadily, have not changed a thing.

David

I seem to recollect that you were using both a Windows platform and a Mac ... does this enter into your "problem" at all?  Though, I suppose that as the "damage" is done, maybe it's too late to "research" this ..??

18019[/snapback]

I don't know. I am "floating" between computers these days. This includes my girlfriend's Win XP machine, YUCHHH, (gimme my Win 2K Pro, PLEAZE!!) & Internet cafes (various versions of Windows). I am also using my Win 2K laptop.

Can you think of something the platform and machine switching might have done ?

It just occurs to me, my prefs MAY have gotten corrupted in ths moving around. I did notice, maybe at the same time frame, that some settings, like refresh timing, views, etc., got a little squirrely.

What kind of "research" were you referring to ?

Thanks

David

Going with SrevenUnderwood's "identity" bit .... pick one computer, set up another identity, and see where you get with creating / renaming folders .... snag a diffeent system, and go through the same scenario ... is it something is simple as cookie management for instance?

Another oddity: when I try to create new folders, I get an error saying the name is not valid for names like "Special" or "Save", yet renaming another folder the same name works just fine...
Remember that when creating folders, that they can NOT be created on the same level as "INBOX" but must all be subfolders of "INBOX"

If you try to create a folder on the same level it will not work. This is definately not standard protocol but for some strange reason is the protocol that SpamCop has followed.

• 2 weeks later...

I am trying to create a new folder on the web based spamcop email to keep messages that I want to save. But no matter what I try to create I keep getting the error:

"The folder "To Save" was not created. This is what the server said: Invalid

mailbox name"

I have tried creating folders called: To Save, To-Save, Messages-To-Save and

others but all displayed the same error.

Can you please help ?

Thank you

--

Tony

I am trying to create a new folder on the web based spamcop email to keep messages that I want to save.

Deleted the duplicate Topic. Merged remaining into this Topic. Perhaps the question already answered here? Poster PM'd about the movement.

<snip>

Perhaps the question already answered here?

<snip>

18677[/snapback]

...Perhaps:
Remember that when creating folders, that they can NOT be created on the same level as "INBOX" but must all be subfolders of "INBOX"

If you try to create a folder on the same level it will not work. This is definately not standard protocol but for some strange reason is the protocol that SpamCop has followed.

18024[/snapback]

Archived