Spamcop misreading headers?

Pira

I've recently signed up to use Spamcop and parsed several headers through the system, however each report suggests that it is my company which is sending the spam by identifying our IP address, however on close inspection of the header I find that the originating IP of the spam is completely different to the one Spamcop is identifying. Is Spamcop ok? It doesn't seem to be identifying the right IP's!!

Any help much appreciated.

I've recently signed up to use Spamcop and parsed several headers through the system, however each report suggests that it is my company which is sending the spam by identifying our IP address, however on close inspection of the header I find that the originating IP of the spam is completely different to the one Spamcop is identifying. Is Spamcop ok? It doesn't seem to be identifying the right IP's!!

18032[/snapback]

This is exactly what Mailhosts is designed to prevent! Have you configured your mailhosts and told spamcop about EVERY address from which you will be forwarding spam? If not. do so now and try again.

Edit: PS it would help 'us' to help you if you were to post a tracking URL here so that we could see the problem for ourselves.

Hi, Pira!

...Welcome and thank you for joining!

...This question is covered in Pinned: Original SpamCop FAQ Plus - Read before Posting. Follow the links to the page labeled "Original SpamCop FAQ & Added Forum Items, Not up to date, changes happening often" and look for a link labeled "Why does SpamCop want to send a report to my own network administrator?"

18032[/snapback]

Write to the address in my sig and send the tracking urls from a couple of parses -- you can cancel the reports. The tracking url is the url at the top of the page when you parse where it says: this url may be saved ...

I'll take a look at the problem and see if I can fix it. And yes, as the other posters have said adding mailhosts to your configuration would be a good idea.

Archived