Reporting spam within email client

Rad

Is it possible to report spam within my email client? Currently I just use IMAP, check for spam, then go to the SpamCop website to report the spam. I was wondering if I could simplify this, by just forwarding the spam to an email address within my client or an alternative method.

Is it possible to report spam within my email client? Currently I just use IMAP, check for spam, then go to the SpamCop website to report the spam. I was wondering if I could simplify this, by just forwarding the spam to an email address within my client or an alternative method.

18538[/snapback]

Before you will receive any usable suggestions you will need to provide a lot more information. Our crystal balls just don't work anymore.

1) How do you want to report the spam - full report or quick report?

2) What email client are you using?

3) What do you mean by simplify?

4) Detail exactly how you are currently report spam, you left out several importaint steps is your original question.

5) Read the FAQ

6) Read How I use spam Cop, A detailed example

1. Quick report
  2. Thunderbird 0.8 on the Mac
  3. I currently have to use a browser to report spam, I'd rather do it inside of Thunderbird
  4. I check my Held Mail folder in Thunderbird, then go to the SpamCop reporting site to report spam

1. Quick report
  2. Thunderbird 0.8 on the Mac
  3. I currently have to use a browser to report spam, I'd rather do it inside of Thunderbird
  4. I check my Held Mail folder in Thunderbird, then go to the SpamCop reporting site to report spam

18540[/snapback]

As far as the fastest way of reporting based on the information you have now provided would be:

1) view your heldmail foldier using IMAP

2) move any messages you want to save to your inbox

3) delete any messages you do not want to report

4) Use the browser to access heldmail

5) check the check all box

6) use quick reporting

7) review the quick report email reply for any possible problems.

An alternative is to request a quick reporting email address (most assigned addresses are for full reporting only.

Forward any messages you want to report to the new email address using "forward as attachement"

Note: there is a limit on how large a file (group of files) can be without creating reporting problems.

Remember that quick reporting has a much more limited affect than full reporting does, but is definately much faster to do.

As far as the fastest way of reporting based on the information you have now provided would be:

1) view your heldmail foldier using IMAP

2) move any messages you want to save to your inbox

3) delete any messages you do not want to report

4) Use the browser to access heldmail

5) check the check all box

6) use quick reporting

7) review the quick report email reply for any possible problems.

That's pretty much exactly what I do right now.

Archived