Bad Dates - SPAM COP Refuses Reporting

sthompson

I have just gotten a few emails that I attempted to report as spam (because they are). Interestingly enough the headers were munged so that Eudora showed no date for arrival. Displaying the full headers indicated to my untrained eye that they were sent in 1998 in one case and 2003 in another.

I guess it could be that these are old emails just finally getting delivered. Except that I don't think that the topics being promoted are from those time points.

Am I the only one getting this kind of behavior?

I have just gotten a few emails that I attempted to report as spam (because they are). Interestingly enough the headers were munged so that Eudora showed no date for arrival.  Displaying the full headers indicated to my untrained eye that they were sent in 1998 in one case and 2003 in another.

I guess it could be that these are old emails just finally getting delivered. Except that I don't think that the topics being promoted are from those time points.

Am I the only one getting this kind of behavior?

If you can post a tracking link it would help diagnose the problem.

I've seen this question a few times on the newsgroups and it's usually the result of a Hotmail server with a badly set clock.

SpamCop should be using the timestamp supplied by your own email server as that is the only one that can be trusted.

Archived