how to report scam links

Grumpy Boy

these days in US we have seen a sharp increase in the Indian Tech Support Scams. the initial vector of attack is getting the user to click on a link which then locks up the computer. someone has made a scanner which keeps finding out new links of these scam web sites on the internet and makes a list of them along with the phone numbers associated with them. the output can be seen over here https://www.scammer.info/u/ADAROSS

is there a way to automate the reporting of these fake website to the correct address ?

The fact that these websites are links in a spam, does not mean that they are the source of spam; and SpamCop is primarily interested in the source.  As a low priority, when processing time allows, they do try to send spam Reports to host of links in spam.

The SCBL is intended to block the sources of unwanted spam, if the links are not the source it would not be useful to report/include them in the SCBL.

4 hours ago, Grumpy Boy said:

is there a way to automate the reporting of these fake website to the correct address ?

I would caution against the default idea of reporting of links.  Nearly twenty years ago, I had a website that the spammer used in their email (which was reported through spamcop) to try to get me in trouble.  It nearly worked, too.

If you are not careful and you irritate a spammer, they might try to use your website too.

9 hours ago, Grumpy Boy said:

these days in US we have seen a sharp increase in the Indian Tech Support Scams. the initial vector of attack is getting the user to click on a link which then locks up the computer. someone has made a scanner which keeps finding out new links of these scam web sites on the internet and makes a list of them along with the phone numbers associated with them. the output can be seen over here https://www.scammer.info/u/ADAROSS

If you can give a SpamCop tracking URL(top of reporting page before you submit) will get better advice.

Archived