Blame Canada?

madkingsoup

...Nope, US, Taiwan and Korea are still the biggies for me.

...spam I receive at the e-mail address provided for me by my employer and spam I receive at my personal Yahoo!Mail account don't seem to have an intersection, so I'm not surprised that different people's experiences are different.... :) <g>

Is it just me or has Canada recently become a haven for spammers? It seems to be right up there with China, Brazil, and South Korea as far as I can see.

19228[/snapback]

From what I've seen, the ISPs that are based in Canada typically act quick to stop spam, i.e.: Videotron. When I get spam from a Canadian ISP, I often see a SpamCop note that the ISP said spam will stop after a certain time. If anything I think our friends up north are very concerned about spam and try to nip it in the bud.

Now Korea, Taiwan and China... those are are a blight on the internet. How many reports have you sent on the "www.buyherbalsnow.com" site? Noticed that Hanaro doesn't even accept reports for that site, because they're all bounced? What's it going to take to get these ISPs and Hosts to be shut down or actually give a damn and cut off the spammers?

From what I've seen, the ISPs that are based in Canada typically act quick to stop spam, i.e.: Videotron.  When I get spam from a Canadian ISP, I often see a SpamCop note that the ISP said spam will stop after a certain time.  If anything I think our friends up north are very concerned about spam and try to nip it in the bud.

Now Korea, Taiwan and China... those are are a blight on the internet.  How many reports have you sent on the "www.buyherbalsnow.com" site?  Noticed that Hanaro doesn't even accept reports for that site, because they're all bounced?  What's it going to take to get these ISPs and Hosts to be shut down or actually give a damn and cut off the spammers?

19249[/snapback]

I've given up thinking about China and Korea. Short of sending someone around with an axe to physically break their machines, there is actually naff all that anyone can do about it until their governments start to take it seriously.

Archived