Spamcop not poping my AOL Mail

Hi:

I had this problem when I first set up spamcop to pop my AOL email. It got fixed somehow and has been working for months. I noticed that suddenly my AOL mail was not appearing in my spamcop boxes so I checked the setup in the option and there were errors in there saying invalid password. Well, I haven't changed my password on AOL and the right password is entered in the poping options on Spamcop so I think it's broke again.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

Barb

I am getting the following Error Counts (all with Invalid Password) on my POP Configurations:

• 190 - My only AOL Configuration
  • 171 - One of my MSN Hotmail Configurations
  • 4 - My only Yahoo! Configuration

My other six MSN, MSN Hotmail, and plain POP3 Configurations are working fine. 190 Errors amount to approximately 47.5 hours.

I am getting the following Error Counts (all with Invalid Password) on my POP Configurations:
  • 190 - My only AOL Configuration
  • 171 - One of my MSN Hotmail Configurations
  • 4 - My only Yahoo! Configuration

My other six MSN, MSN Hotmail, and plain POP3 Configurations are working fine.  190 Errors amount to approximately 47.5 hours.

19687[/snapback]

Hi Jeff:

Im only getting errors on my AOL. My hotmail account is poping fine. So what does this mean if you are getting errors too? Is something broke?

Thanks

Barb

For that one MSN Hotmail account, MSN Hotmail Webmail is reporting the following, so I'm not going to blame SC.

Account Temporarily Unavailable

We're very sorry, but your account continues to be unavailable. This is an infrequent occurrence and we're doing our best to get your account working again to provide the highly reliable service that is our goal. At this time, we do not have an estimated time of completion.

We appreciate your continued support, and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Please check back later to access your account.

Please see AOL Blocks PopGate.

19695[/snapback]

Hi:

On the Tech help line I got this response from an AOL Tech:

You say, I am not able to pop ANY of my AOL messages into Spamcop

TechLiveIRKH says, Please hold while I find this information.

You say, Spamcop says: Recently, AOL started blocking the method that we use to retrieve email from them.

You say, We're working on a solution, but if AOL is intentionally blocking us, it's possible that we won't be able to restore fetching mail from AOL addresses.

TechLiveIRKH says, Please ask the Spamcop to ask their system administrator to call the AOL Postmaster Hotline at 1-888-212-5537.

TechLiveIRKH says, The Postmaster Team, which is available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, can work with the ISP to quickly resolve the issue. Additional information is available at the AOL Postmaster Web Site: http://postmaster.info.aol.com/

Can we have someone contact them?

Thanks

Barb

Archived