Why my Exchange IP Blacklsited ?

Asi

Hi, every few days my external IP : 91.195.162.147

Getting blocked by your system.

It's happened only in spamcop.net

Every other blacklisted system it's ok and not blacklisted.

Why it's happen only here ?

Any one can give me any clue ?

Thanks!

Blocked.png

4 hours ago, Asi said:

Getting blocked by your system.

It's happened only in spamcop.net

Every other blacklisted system it's ok and not blacklisted.

Why it's happen only here ?

Any one can give me any clue ?

There are a few reasons why your external IP shows up on the blocklist.  I commend you for wanting to find out why.

SpamCop is a spam reporting service, that we can use to report unwanted email.  If you have a mailing list, then hopefully it is a double-opt-in, so that people getting revenge do not add someone unknowingly to your list.

If you are a normal user like me, what you will need to do is to check all devices that connect to the internet using that IP including the NAT router itself for being open SMTP relays, being hacked, or some sort of open ports.  Sounds to me like someone is using one of your devices (it could even be a router or camera) to send unwanted email.  They are using your device so that your IP gets on the blacklist instead of their IP.  If you can secure all your device and prevent them from abusing your system so that emails stop, you will see that it will no longer be listed.

The reason for the IP being listed is shown in the screen shop you posted. "System has send mail to SpamCop spam traps in the past week..."

That means that your system or someone that shares the IP address with you,  is sending email to email mailboxes that have not opted in to receive email from you.

You need to check you system. 1) if you send email to large groups, these email list may contain invalid addresses or 2) your system may have been infected and a spammer is using your system to send email.

You also need to check with your ISP for help with others that share the IP address and help you fixing your system.

Currently your IP is not listed.  Good luck keeping it that way.

Archived