Easier reporting?

I have used Mailwasher for quite a long time and recently decided to sign up to SpamCop too.

As soon as I subscribed to SpamCop I configured my Yahoo account to forward everything to SpamCop - which did, of course, a magnifcent job of clearing out the crap.

However, I soon got fed up with the fact that SpamCop displays nothing but the text of received mail.

I therefore now leave my mail at Yahoo so I can see other content. (Strangely, though, SpamCop still gets it too. I don't really understand how. Perhaps I haven't got things configured correctly.)

What I find now is that I have to laboriously open every item of mail individually, click on the link etc, etc, etc.

Such is the volume of junk that I am begining to find this nothing but a chore.

Is there any way I can configure the two acounts, Yahoo and Spamcop so that I can still see non-text content in Yahoo, yet have Spamcop automatically work its magic with the astonishing volume of garbage?

You may want to read through some of the Topics in the E-mail Set-up Forum .... probably even better might be the "How I use SpamCop" found as a link within the FAQ here. But what it really sounds like is that you'd turn the Forwarding back on, let SpamCop do its filtering, and have yet another e-mail account (your ISP account for instance) be the one to handle the "good" e-mail ... either by having your other account POPing the SpamCop server or having SpamCop forward the "good" stuff to this other account.

Another alternative would be to have SpamCop POP your mail from Yahoo! for free, leaving it on the Server. Then, if you want to look at a solicited graphical email, you can bring it up in Yahoo!. However, this could introduce a lag of up to about 15 minutes waiting for the next check in the mailgate polling cycle. Please see PopGate Supported Proprietary ISPs for details.

Another idea might be to use Outlook Express or any other IMAP mail reader installed on your local machine.

There is no need to POP the mail from SpamCop and if bandwidth is a problem, set up the IMAP reader to download headers only. Then select the individual message you what to open up and download it.

If you perfer Yahoo, then set up a 2nd Yahoo address and have SpamCop forward all inbox mail to that address.

The problem having SpamCop POP and leave the messages is the added work to deleting the junk from both accounts.

Archived