mlb.mlb.com

Hello,

for two years now I have been using this link to login into spamcop's hel mail page:

http://mailsc.spamcop.net/reportheld?action=heldlog

without a glitch whatsoever. Today for some reason Zonealarm would not allow me to execute scripts on that page (just clicking on "check all" would not work to select all the spam at once), so I looked into Zonealarm's privacy page and it brought up that the site being blocked is

mlb.mlb.com

to my surprise (my presets there allow spamcop.net to execute scripts, so I don't know why this bogus (?) link is coming up). On the other hand, when logging into this forum Zonealarm recognizes the correct IP. Is there an issue with the mailsc.spamcop.net domain?

Any ideas? Thank you in advance!

Both of those websites use Akamai proxies for speed and fault-tolerance. It is possible that the same Akamai proxy IP Addresses were used by your PC to access those websites, and that ZoneAlarm is blocking for you on IP Address. I'd suggest unblocking mlb.mlb.com, as I've never had a security problem with Major League Baseball. In the interest of full disclosure, I did have a problem with Ticketmaster, who sold me tickets to a Yankees game and a Billy Joel concert, added my email address to at least two lists, and sold or gave my email address to the Yankees, who put me on their own list.

for two years now I have been using this link to login into spamcop's hel mail page:

http://mailsc.spamcop.net/reportheld?action=heldlog

just for giggles, my arrempt at clicking on that link tries to connect me to 63.208.157.180 , which translates directly to mailsc.spamcop.net

without a glitch whatsoever. Today for some reason Zonealarm would not allow me to execute scripts on that page (just clicking on "check all" would not work to select all the spam at once), so I looked into Zonealarm's privacy page

I can't follow you there ... I fired up a system here running the free version (5.5.062.000) ... I can't find a "Privacy" option to look at.

and it brought up that the site being blocked is

mlb.mlb.com

to my surprise (my presets there allow spamcop.net to execute scripts, so I don't know why this bogus (?) link is coming up).

Just to run up the paranoia factor, have you downloaded, installed, updated some tools like Ad-Aware, Spybot - Search and Destroy ... just to verify that your browser has not been hijacked.

Archived