can't access {imap,pop}.spamcop.net

vilain

I continue to see this damn error "There was an error viewing the requested message. " day  after day  while trying to open email. FIX THE F****** PROBLEMS !!!!!!!

Complaints will be sent to the Attorney General in Georgia if this  problem is not

fixed  within a reasonable time frame.

This is your last damn  warning !!!!!

Sponge Bob

21709[/snapback]

" There was an error viewing the requested message."

Yet again the same error appears and the whole service is slower than my grandmother. The service is so slow that it's all most impossible to use.

Stop making excuses and fix the problems with this service !

Very mad

Sponge Bob

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yet another 'new' Topic started with the same rant but with an additional 'new' issue ... Once again, that 'new' Topic merged into the existing discussion about sponge_bob's alleged issues. Once again, sponge_bob notified via PM of the Move/Merge.

The place sponge_bob is posting is a Help Forum. There's been quite a bit of assistance provided in suggestions, pointers, additional questions for more input, and even some comparitive data provided. Apparently, all for nothing.

From the top .. please help 'us' to help you ..

How are you accessing the SpamCop e-mail server? (The new issue might be handled via an IMAP connection, for instance)

What tools are in use?

Identify the actual account in question here if you're not going to follow the FAQ entries.

Show some traceroute data.

Offer at least a clue as to size and quantity of e-mails in all your folders.

Read the FAQ.

Check other discussions that deal with "slow" performance or "can't login" issues.

Ask for a refund.

Note: not a single "excuse" offered here. Only noting once again that your problem does not appear to be a universal issue for all users of this system. Aleron's web-site certainly states that it can't be their system, what with all the talk about their OC-48 and Fiber connections, one-hop off any backbone, etc., etc., etc. Noting that your posting IP changed yet again ..???

Things like just what operations / connections are at issue?  Is it just the e-mail side of the house or do the www.spamcop.net also come up "slow" .... Which interface is in use, browser or IMAP?  What browser is involved?  When's the last time that cache was cleared, system re-booted, etc., etc., etc.

Maybe it's getting to the point that if all you want to do is bitch, complain, and tell false stories, perhaps you'd be much better off taking advantage of the thing called "a Refund" and try something else for handling your spam ..????

21428[/snapback]

Blah Blah Blah, it's the same old thing at Spamcop.net. Blame the person's ISP,

ask for traceroutes and wonder why people don't reboot their computers. Sorry the

problem is on your end so don't try to make excuses and then try to divert the

issue. I will bitch and complain all I want and tell true stories of Iron Port selling spamcop.net users email accounts to Scott Richter. You can hide from the truth only for so long before people will become aware of what you are doing. Don't take money from people and then expect them to deal with a crappy email service. It's just not going to work and I can see through your deception.

Fix the problems or complaints will be made online. holy **** batman everyone

look at ripoffreports.com when doing a search with the name "spamcop.net". Can

it be so, other people have had problems also.

It just can't be me , and I suggest you advise Mr Tucker to work on the problems

or the Attorney Generals office in Geogia will be calling him.

Sponge Bob and Patrick.

Crabby patty anyone ?

Blah  Blah Blah,  it's the same old thing at  Spamcop.net.    Blame the person's  ISP, ask  for traceroutes and  wonder why people don't reboot their computers.

I fail to see "blame" assigned anywhere at this point.

Sorry the problem is on  your end so don't try to make excuses and then try to divert the issue.

I'm still lost. As in my last post, there've been no excuses offered, matching the quantity of helpful answers on your part in trying to figure out what your issue really is.

I will bitch and complain all I want

To a point, perhaps. If that's all you want to do, your "situation" will be moved to a discussion in the Lounge area, rather than cluttering up a Help Forum.

and tell true stories of Iron Port selling spamcop.net users email accounts to Scott Richter.  You can  hide from the truth only for so long before people will become aware of what you are doing.

Your stories are crap and thus far unsubstantiated, even though you're repeatedly stated that you "have the evidence" ..... and your use of "you" is off the mark also. This Foum is primarily supported by time, effort, and knowledge of other "users" ...

Don't take money from people and then expect them todeal with a  crappy email service.  It's just not going to work and I can see through your  deception.

Despite the testimonials from other others and the lack of your "evidence" .. even though requested ... you still continue this spew? And once again, ask for a refund, walk away ....

Fix the problems or complaints will be made online.  holy  **** batman everyone look at ripoffreports.com when doing a search with the name  "spamcop.net".  Can it be so, other people have had problems also.

It's still the view of many that you are the very same poster, so why the alleged surprise?

It just can't be me,  and I suggest you advise  Mr Tucker to  work on the problems or the Attorney Generals  office in  Geogia will be calling him.

Sponge Bob and Patrick.

Crabby patty anyone ?

Working from a systems analyst mode, all I've got to go on is your continuing rant, defining a situation that has gone on for years .... from a systems analyst mode, yes, it is just you. From a technician's point of view, I don't have enough data to troubleshoot the issue as you have yet to even begin to scratch the surface to define your connection mode and statistics.

look  at ripoffreports.com when doing a search with the name  "spamcop.net". 

21713[/snapback]

If this was something you saw RECENTLY, maybe you hallucinated. Ripoffreports.com seems to be one of those "this domain died and we took it" advertiser search engine sites.

I bet the connection is slow to Goo Lagoon, or maybe instead of the line to your pineapple you could try the line at Squidward's house.

PS.: I will add a serious suggestion, in case you're not a complete troll: Try turning off any mail filters you have added -- they can slow webmail down a lot, especially if you have let your INBOX fill up. Another good thing to do is move everything out of your inbox into other folders regularly. On my browser it gets really bogged down after a few hundred messages because I have several filters that are slow by their nature. So I've started moving everything into archive folders every other week or so.

If this was something you saw RECENTLY, maybe you hallucinated. Ripoffreports.com seems to be one of those "this domain died and we took it" advertiser search engine sites.

Possibly blocked by a Hosts file, ISP, Proxy, ...????

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff105872.htm

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff111898.htm

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff112281.htm

One can't help but notice the similarities in the rants ...

PS.: I will add a serious suggestion, in case you're not a complete troll: Try turning off any mail filters you have added -- they can slow webmail down a lot, especially if you have let your INBOX fill up. Another good thing to do is move everything out of your inbox into other folders regularly. On my browser it gets really bogged down after a few hundred messages because I have several filters that are slow by their nature. So I've started moving everything into archive folders every other week or so.

I can't tell either .. thanks for your remarks .. just noting that the folder size and contents has been a suggestion/question a few times already .... never responded to ....

Possibly blocked by a Hosts file, ISP, Proxy, ...????

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff105872.htm

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff111898.htm

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff112281.htm

One can't help but notice the similarities in the rants ...

21729[/snapback]

Thanks for the clarification -- I had copied and pasted sponge_bob's latest rant precisely which had an "s" at the end -- ripoffreports.com is what I looked at.

This brings to mind another issue but if I decide to bring it up I'll start a new thread elsewhere.

Looking through the Horde/IMP FAQ, there does appear to be an issue with some installations and usage of Netscape over an SSL connection, the problem being an issue with Netscape's handling of a keep-alive signal .. basically ignoting/not seeing it over the SSL handshaking ... but again, tools in use and how connected have still not been defined, that I can recall ...

Yet again, the service is slow when sending emails out. 12:15 AM EST the whole

service goes into slow-mo for no reason but my internet connections seems to be

working fine. Care to respond with more excuses? Ask for more sense less

information. Is Mr Tucker doing anything to make the service better? In the last year

I have not seen any improvments in the email service. I wonder why he contines

to ask for money for a service that you can get for free through Google.com. At least with Gmail, the email service is speedy enough that it doesn't hinder in the ability to send and receive emails. Can't say the same for Spamcop.net email service.

Spamcop.net is about making money, not offering any type of decent service. It's

also kind of odd that after Ironport settled with Scott Ricter, the amount of junk

email increased in my inbox, big time. Doing some investagation, I found that many of the junk emails where from Wholesalebandwidth which is owned by Richter. Is Ironport selling email addresses to Scott Richter to make money? Is that the reason why they bought Spamcop.net from Haight.

We go through the same crap, month after month and yet it's the same old service.

Tell me, what is Mr Tucker doing to improve the service?

Sponge Bob Sq Pants

Krusty crab fry cook employee

Bob, can you show us some headers for a test email that was sent too slowly?  Thanks!

21821[/snapback]

That would expose my real identity wouldn't it. You would like that wouldn't you? I don't have time to play these silly games with you or Wazoo ( Who I can tell, is clueless) . None of my questions get anwsered? What are you trying to hide? Is Ironport real selling Spamcop.net email addresses to Scott Richter? Maybe I should go to the New York Times, USA Today or the Washington Post with this story?

By the way , it's ripoffreport.com !

Sponge Bob Sq Pants

Tapping into a underwater fiber optics cable to obtain illegal internet service.

Yep, clueless to the point of still offering to try to help if there was anything to go on. All that's been offered thus far is the noting of your ever-changing posting IP address .. not a lot to go on. So as stated earlier, this doesn't appear to be an actual request for help .. rants go to the Lounge.

Yep, clueless to the point of still offering to try to help if there was anything to go on.  All that's been offered thus far is the noting of your ever-changing posting IP address .. not a lot to go on.  So as stated earlier, this doesn't appear to be an actual request for help .. rants go to the Lounge.

21831[/snapback]

Interesting message back but I have asked some legimate question and you still haven't answered them. Who's fooling who here my freind?

Your're just like many Internet Providers, blame someone else like your local phone company or your computer. Avoiding the question but shifting the blame on someone or something else is not the solution to this problem. I would still like to know if Ironport is selling email addressess to Scott Richter. Maybe, I should report my findings on Slashdot? How then would you explain my findings? Would you cover it with even more lies, deceipt and senseless excuses?

You can't handle the truth !

Everyone needs post a complaint on ripoffreport.com. (no "s")

Ready Kids Ready Captain ! I can't hear you !

Sponge Bob Sq Pants....

I was curious about your IPs changing, wondering just exactly how you might be trying to connect to anything.  One ISP headquartered in CT, your recent involving an ISP in VA, and I seem to recall the ranting complaints posted elsewhere included a PA address .. it's hard not to wonder if you are actually trying to make a "direct" connection or playing some sort of stealth game, which would surely impact data transfer.

Can I take that to possibly include you asking for a Refund?

21436[/snapback]

It's the old shell game trick ? Can you find me now? Good !

Moving to another network right now......... "poof"

Lost in Cyberspace !

Doctor Zackery Smith. New York New York

I don't "work" for any part of the SpamCop / Ironport company. Simply volunteering my time to try to help others. The "looking at your posting IP addresses" was one part of trying to figure out why you alledge that you are having so many connection/speed issues. As stated, that you want to play those games doesn't help in resolving your 'problems' ....

I've searched the Horde/IMP Forums tryin gto find something that might help, did come across an issue with Netscape and a secure connection, something about the way Netscape looks for a keep-alive signal and not seeing it over the secure connection, but again, you've yet to offer a clue as to what tools are running at your end, what kind of connection you're making, or even which interface you're using to access your mail.

As I don't work for JT, I've got nothing to answer your "what has he done" questions beyond what's already common knowledge (posted within this Forum structure) ... hardware upgraded and added, hard drives upgraded and added, software upgraded and patched .. I'm not sure just what else you'd be asking about.

How often do I have to repeat that I have no idea where you are getting this "placing the blame on your computer" and "nothing but excuses" garbage. I repeat, I have made no excuses for anything, and troubleshooting anything is at a standstill until you "help us help you" .... Another repeat is that there are not piles and piles of other folks complaining about connection and speed issues. Without more data, it's pretty damned hard to guess at just what is making your experience so unique.

Explain your findings? What findings? All I've seen thus far are unsubstantiated ravings .. in one spot you say you have proof, other spots you ask if it's true, and now you shift from advising all sorts of Government officials/offices to going to some other web posting Forum ....??? The only "official" connection between SpamCop and Scotty was the (settled with sealed documents) court action (links found elsewhere in the Lounge Forum) between Scotty against IronPort/SpamCop/Julian ... nothing there about JT's side of the house.

I don't "work" for any part of the SpamCop / Ironport company. Simply volunteering my time to try to help others. The "looking at your posting IP addresses" was one part of trying to figure out why you alledge that you are having so many connection/speed issues. As stated, that you want to play those games doesn't help in resolving your 'problems' ....

( So let me get this straight, you help out in this forum but don't get paid by

by Iron Port or Jeff Tucker who makes millions of dollars each year. If I was in

your shoes, I would be fighting spam and not responding to peoples questions. Don't

waste your time tracing the IP Number because I move around a lot and use

firewalls. I'm sure spammers would like to find my computer and disable it with

Malware. Trust me, they try and don't succeed.)

I've searched the Horde/IMP Forums tryin gto find something that might help, did come across an issue with Netscape and a secure connection, something about the way Netscape looks for a keep-alive signal and not seeing it over the secure connection, but again, you've yet to offer a clue as to what tools are running at your end, what kind of connection you're making, or even which interface you're using to access your mail.

( It's not a Netscape issue but rather a database issues on Mr Tuckers end. The

bigger the folder size with regards to the amount of email displayed makes the problem worse. If you set the service to one or two hundred email displayed it takes over two min's to access the folder. Again this is not a internet service provider issue.)

As I don't work for JT, I've got nothing to answer your "what has he done" questions beyond what's already common knowledge (posted within this Forum structure) ... hardware upgraded and added, hard drives upgraded and added, software upgraded and patched .. I'm not sure just what else you'd be asking about.

( It's still not enough because I still find that the service is slow when moving between folders with large amounts of emails.)

How often do I have to repeat that I have no idea where you are getting this "placing the blame on your computer" and "nothing but excuses" garbage. I repeat, I have made no excuses for anything, and troubleshooting anything is at a standstill until you "help us help you" .... Another repeat is that there are not piles and piles of other folks complaining about connection and speed issues. Without more data, it's pretty damned hard to guess at just what is making your experience so unique.

( The above information explains the issue, now please do something about it.)

Explain your findings? What findings? All I've seen thus far are unsubstantiated ravings .. in one spot you say you have proof, other spots you ask if it's true, and now you shift from advising all sorts of Government officials/offices to going to some other web posting Forum ....???

(Unsubstantiated ravings? Why all the junk email from Wholesalebandwidth after

Scott Richter and Iron Port settled their lawsuit. Can you explain this one? )

(Unsubstantiated ravings? Why all the junk email from Wholesalebandwidth after

Scott  Richter and Iron Port settled their lawsuit.   Can you explain this one? )

21842[/snapback]

What are you talking about, neither Wazoo or this thread have anything to do with Scott Richter/wholesale bandwidth. Take too many meds?

Wazoo, this needs to be moved to the lounge. spongetroll has ruined this topic.

After all this crap, all this time, you now finally get around to parrtially answering one of the suggested issues .... folder contents .... even has entries in the FAQ here ...

All I can suggest is to quit using the SpamCop e-mail system as a bulk repository. The original premise was just as your despammed.com set-up ... a filtering service .... From this last posting, it would seem that the solution is pretty easy to resolve, move your mail to your actual ISP account / your computer. Get the Folder size/contents down and follow the path that others have forged for you ... the Login/Slow-down problems go away.

I believe I'd already researched and suggested that your latest posting IP ranges pointed to an ISP that had massive connections to "the net" .. but I believe I also pointed out that "the net" doesn't work on a point-to-point basis, there's all these way-points involved in getting from point A to point B, thus the suggested request for a trace-route dump.

I doubt that Jeff makes millions, but no, I receive no payment ... don't even have paid-member status on either the e-mail or reporting side, thus my inability to "get inside" of things, having to ask the user to provide data so I can try to apply it from this side of the screen. By trying to solve other spam reporter's issues, I do believe I am "helping to fight spam" ....

Scotty's continuing spew ..??? As one of the top ten spammers, do you really think that he's just sitting back and doing nothing beyond what he was doing a year ago? Believe me, these guys work hard at getting around filters, blocks, loss of accounts, etc. ... and over the last year, the ramp up in just the quantity of spam spew has been quantum. I get it also, but noting that it doesn't actually come "from" a Scotty machine, rather some fool's compromised computer. As the SpamCop system deals with the IP of the sourced e-mail, only sufficient reporting will get that IP onto the BL, thus blocking future spam from that IP ... and when Scotty et al. notices that this machine has been blocked, then the next compromised computer is pulled into the mix, rinse, repeat ..... spew source has moved from open relays to open proxies to hijacked computers .. have you got the magic solution for that?

What are you talking about, neither Wazoo or this thread have anything to do with Scott  Richter/wholesale bandwidth. Take too many meds?

Well, I did add that lawsuit into one of my last, but suspecting that it wasn't actually seen/read ....

Wazoo, this needs to be moved to the lounge.  spongetroll has ruined this topic.

Waiting for a response from vilain, the original poster to see where his/her status actually ended up. The catch is that a number of responses mingle things a bit, so splitting this thing up will leave holes in one or both of the 'discussions' ... If I can "close" vilain's query, the split will be a bit easier <g>

On the other hand, now that "we" might be actually talking about an actual situation ... <g>

It's ... a database  issues on Mr Tuckers end. The

bigger the  folder size with regards to the amount of  email displayed  makes the problem  worse. If  you set the service to  one  or two hundred email  displayed  it takes over two min's  to access the  folder. Again this is not a  internet service provider issue.

21842[/snapback]

Personal experience shows that having too many emails in a mailbox/Folder slows down display of that mailbox/Folder, regardless of the number of emails that are displayed. How many is too many can get to be a kind of personal issue - I try to keep it under one week or 10,000 emails, whichever comes first (I try to do maintenance on my accounts weekly, and I try to archive my reported Held Mail (when it's not summarily purged by a bug as explained in another Topic)). As the week goes by, it definitely takes longer and longer to display my Held Mail mailbox/Folder. Reducing the quantity of emails in the mailboxes/Folders you display will definitely help with speed issues, and with possible timeouts due to speed issues. If you can't use Webmail to reduce the quantity, please use another IMAP Client to do so.

I am only a happy user of spamcop services (email w/ reporting for home, free reporting at work). I do not use spamcop to store my messages. Per the FAQ entry, keep your storage down and things will run much quicker. This is a HOARD/IMP (known) problem which is the software being used to provide webmail access. It is caused by the way the filters and trash deletinons are handled. It is not a problem with the servers and using your own IMAP or POP client will eliminate the problem.

I keep up to 3 days of trash and the few responses I receive from my reporting online and all the rest gets downloaded to my desktop every day.

Is Ironport real selling Spamcop.net email addresses to Scott Richter?
My unofficial answer would be no. I have not seen any difference in the numbers of messages reaching my Inbox. I get about 1-2 per day at the most. The messages in my Held Mail folder run about 125-150 per day but I don't pay too close attention to where they come from, just confirm my ISP is not being reported.

The whole email service is once again slow and worthless. I highly suggest that everyone in this forum send a formal complaint to the Attorney General in the state of Georgia. I would also recommend everyone also file complaints with the Better Business Bureau.

I can't even send out emails in Mozilla Firefox because the service just stops working

and goes dead. Trying to open folders is almost impossible now. Mr Tucker continues to collect everyone's money but does nothing about the problems .

( When trying to open folder, This is total b*&^%s&^% )

The page cannot be displayed

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

Mr Tucker FIX THE DAMN PROBLEMS !

Last note- Don't forget to submit a complaint to ripoffreport.com.

This post has been edited by sponge_bob: Today, 02:27 PM

(and edited later by Wazoo)

Archived