can't access {imap,pop}.spamcop.net

vilain

Why do you keep compaining and never provide any information that might provide a clue to help solve your problem. I say that it is your problem because you seem to be they only one compaining about it. Provide us with some detailed information and we will try to help. Otherwise get lost. You have become a troll. Please read your previous topics. There are several good suggestions there.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All you ever do is complain and can provide no examples. After all your posts you shouldn't expect help from anyone.

You cannot get help with your connection until you stop using those open proxies.

The only thing slow and worthless around here is you.

All you ever do is complain and can provide no examples. After all your posts you shouldn't expect help from anyone.

You cannot get help with your connection until you stop using those open proxies.

The only thing slow and worthless around here is you.

22120[/snapback]

I told you people what the problem is, but you are to ignorant to realize it.

The problem is due to the fact that the email service is run like a database. The more you add to the database, the more the service slows down. The problem is NOT on my end. Sorry, but you can continue to redirect the blame on something else but eventually you will have to accept that I'm right.

Open proxies, well lets just say that ..... No actual I have no comment here and you can fiquire it out on your own.

Now please ( I'm being nice), tell Mr Tucker to address this issue.

Sponge Bob Angry Pants

Happy New Years, The SS Poseidon flips over at midnight . Must report to life

support stations..... :blink:

I told you people what the problem is, but you are to ignorant to realize it.

The problem is  due to the fact that the email service is run  like a  database. The more you add to the database, the more the service slows down.  The problem is NOT on my end. Sorry, but you can  continue to redirect the blame on something else but eventually  you will have to accept that I'm right.

<snip>

Now please ( I'm being nice), tell Mr Tucker to address this  issue.,<snip>

22122[/snapback]

If you have stated what the problem actually is, I sure have not seen it. Your statement now about the service being like a database does not help. It would simply point to the fundamental nature of the product itself and that is NOT going to change. If you are serious about trying to do something to help make the system work better for you then we need specific information from you to help you.

Your reference to the database might lead one to believe that your inbox is full of messages. We know that this is a problem. Delete some of them or move them to another folder or archive the off line. This is something that will not be fixed on the SpamCop side anytime soon. All systems have their limitations. File size (number of messages) happens to be one of SpamCop's limitations.

If you are so unhappy with the service, take the advise that has been offered to you several times before, ask for a refund.

Wazoo, please add this thread to one of the existing threads as it simply a continuation of the same issue. Thank you.

sponge_bob partially got around to agreeing/admitting that the issue is apparently based on management of Folder contents back in a posting on Dec 27 2004, 01:09 PM (quoting handled very poorly, so first read may be a bit confusing).... As the particular issue is known, documented within the FAQ here, numerous other discussions exist even documenting the results when the Folders and contents are pruned, it is definitely a mystery as to why this last blast includes the same type of commentary ....

Under current conditions, the problem either needs to be handled via a refund or taken to the Horde/IMP folks. As I stated previously, the SpamCop Filtered E-Mail server was not set-up to be a repository for ton-loads of ancient e-mail ... the description, plan, guidance, FAQ entries, instructions pretty much all point to how to use it as a Filtering system ... not storage.

Second request sent via PM to vilain asking for some type of follow-up on the original query. Kind of confusing as that user was on-site witin minutes after my last PM, was even in this Topic ... but I see no answer here nor received anything directly ....

Strange ...

Would you please respond / follow up on / close the Discussion you started at http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=3115

The user that has over-ran this Topic has really gone on for much too long.  But there are some postings early on that overlap some specific items.  Closure of your situation will allow me to split the discussion part from the rant part.

I have nothing more to say on this topic.

So I have no idea as to whether vilain still has a connection problem or not ... the whole thing goes to the Lounge then ...

We have determined that sponge_bob is a troll.

----------------
   |   PLEASE DO  |
   |   NOT FEED   |
   |  THE TROLLS  |
   |     -- mgmt  |
   ----------------
         |  |
         |  |
       .\|.||/..

Archived