How to automatically report spam?

pierre

We have several mail addresses that are not used but get spam, viruses even bounces. One we didn't looked at for months (ex-employee) even warned the admin coz it was full (1G of space :D ).

The worse is that a box we use for testing purposes, its allias is 'test'. It's not published any where, it's used once a month internaly to measure response time but can receive external mail. It gets spam and viruses... not much but it gets some.

We are shutting down all unused boxes but I was wondering if there was a spamcop feature able to report automatically spam?

Thank you - smile, it's Friday!

Pierre

Note: we looked at spamcop email solution. Unfortunately it can't work for us. We can't forward customers' emails to 3rd party as some of them still email their CC information!

But we reimburse the $30 spamcop email for our employees' personal email. (am I a good boss? B) )

more Notes : Are there any legal issues for provoking spammers? we can add some fake emails on our websites, they will be ready for harvesters... :ph34r:

Note: we looked at spamcop email solution. Unfortunately it can't work for us. We can't forward customers' emails to 3rd party as some of them still email their CC information!

If you use one of the business solutions where your MX records point to spamcop then get automatically forwarded to your servers, that would not be a problem.

I have the same setup with another company, Postini and it works wonders and our mail server has not been rebooted in Months (and it is a Windows box ;) )

There may be an answer in a very recent addition to the FAQ at http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/402.html ... ???

20884[/snapback]

Well, eveything is there - thank you! As soon as we get 200 spams a day we will contact spamcop for the forward solution.

21025[/snapback]

...Did I misread? I thought I saw 2000, not 200....

Archived