reported as a spammer

ezhost

It may not be a "spam tool" but the results to the folks on the receiving end apparently decided that it met the description of unsolicited crap. The same FAQ you reference talks about "automatic" listing of addresses/URL's .. talks of identifying sites that "link to your competitors so they should be linking to 'you' also" ... I can think of many businesses that think the opposite ... on and on, but the bottom line, you apparently did spam some one.

Remember that the definition of spam is based primarily based on the point of view of the recipient, not of the sender. If the person you are sending the message to does not want to receive it and if they have not previously given you specific approval to send it, it can be considered spam. Note: this is NOT a legal definition. The reality is that you end up on black lists because the recipient reports you as sending spam. It is far better to send messages only to those you know want to receive them or be willing to accept the fact that in the eyes of some you will be considered a spammer and will have to deal with the consequences that come from spamming regardless of your point of view.

Is this a spamming tool?

No. ARELIS is definitely NOT a spamming tool. ARELIS requires that you visit each and every found web site before you can send an email message.

It does not automate the task of sending email messages and it does not create a list of email addresses. For spammers, the tool is useless.

Sending personal link exchange messages is a legitimate way to contact potential business partners.

The email feature of ARELIS allows you to automatically include each website's unique information into the body of your email to further personalize your message. A built-in email filter check in ARELIS warns you if your email might be considered as spam.

On top of that, the software license strictly prohibits sending spam messages. If you think someone abuses his license of ARELIS, send an email message to abuse[at]Axandra.com and we are able to cancel their license immediately.

I would agree that it is NOT a spam tool. But even they admit that it can be used to send spam and have built in features to help warn you if the message you are creating might be considered spam.

It is up to you to use it responsibly. Consider whom you are sending the message to. Why should they want to set up a reciprocal relationship with you? Do your homework; know whom you are sending to. If not, you will end up on even more black lists.

Although unsolicited bulk email is the biggest problem, any unsolicited email can be considered spam by the receiver.

If you are visiting web sites and then sending them an email, be sure that you send it to the appropriate email address. A resume going to sales[at] will be considered spam since only inquiries about sales are expected at that address, for instance.

There are some businesses who welcome unsolicited offers; there are other businesses who regard them as unsolicited commercial email (another way of describing spam).

In general, it is better not to use unsolicited emails to sell anything. The spammers have ruined unsolicited email for everyone.

Miss Betsy

hi

i would like to find out how/why i was reported a as a spammer for using:

arelis link exchange program as i states on this page http://www.axandra-link-popularity-tool.com/faq.htm#7 that it is not a spam tool

regards

barry

21283[/snapback]

Maybe you should take a long, hard look at what you're doing...

How many of this automated e-mails are you sending out?

How closely have you looked at these sites?

Have you sent multiple automated messages to someone?

How sure are you that these are sites that might want to link to you?

Where does this program get contact addresses?

How does the program determine that a contact address is appropriate for this sort of message?

How does the program determine whether a site wants to list links at all?

I don't think there's anything wrong with this per se. Lots of webmasters like to get notes from persons who share their interests. This thing says it's not a "spam tool." That's like saying Outlook is not a "spam tool." The program has a legitimate use but iit can be used to send spam.

If a webmaster gets a dozen inappropriate e-mails from this tool everyday, he'd be justified in reporting them all as spam.

Archived