[Resolved] [Suggestion] Forum Name Change

agsteele

I've long thought that the reason many forum postings appear in the wrong place is because the Spamcop Help forum name is near the top of the list and is very generic. I realise that the description makes clear the use of this particular forum but now that extra Help forums have appeared (great stuff :) ) I'd suggest that the Spamcop Help forum be renamed to Spamcop Reporting Help or somesuch to clarify the precise purpose of that group.

Andrew

Hey! You took that from the work developed in the Topic at http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1672 <g>

I'm still thinking that a lot of those off-Topic posts came from folks that followed a link from the FAQ that placed them directly within a Forum .. thus they didn't know that there were other Forum subject categories. I believe this came from the newsgroup mind-set where one has to subscribe to each specific newsgroup.

I almost re-sorted the existing categories, then remember that I still had gripes out about those FAQ links ... and a chat with JeffG a bit ago pointed out that some folks have bookmarked their "favorite" Forum section ... so at present, the top three categories have to remain in place, hoping that there aren't that many people that bookmarked the "Lounge" or "Test" Forum as their choice of entry ...??

Bottom line .. I'm taking things pretty slow at this point <g>

Hey! You took that from the work developed in the Topic at http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1672 <g>

21607[/snapback]

Well having celebrated my 50th birthday yesterday my children have taken to informing me of the likely trouble I'll have with my memory and no doubt how I'll claim bits of forum postings that I read months previously and restated them as my own idea! B)

Wherever the idea came from it must have been good.

Andrew

Well having celebrated my 50th birthday yesterday my children have taken to informing me of the likely trouble I'll have with my memory and no doubt how I'll claim bits of forum postings that I read months previously and restated them as my own idea! B)

Wherever the idea came from it must have been good.

Andrew

21627[/snapback]

I can tell you from my own experience.

After 50 your memory definately starts going downhill!

I can tell you from my own experience.

After 50 your memory definately starts going downhill!

21631[/snapback]

Thanks for the encouraging words :o

I'm told, as one gets older, that when you bend over to tie shoe laces you get to the stage of asking is there anything else to do while I'm down here. Now the encouraging news that I'll be asking why have I bent over in the first place :(

Andrew

I'm told, as one gets older, that when you bend over to tie shoe laces you get to the stage of asking is there anything else to do while I'm down here.  Now the encouraging news that I'll be asking why have I bent over in the first place :(

21659[/snapback]

It's much easier to either wear loafers or use a chair for tying your shoe laces.
Andrew

21659[/snapback]

You might want to throw that into your Signature.

Archived