[Resolved] Can't find your post?

Wazoo

JT has taken a huge leap in trust and opened up some administrative access to this application for me. Forum sections have been (and will be) added, others have been renamed to narrow the scope a bit. These steps taken, I'm also going back through the existing discussions and moving them into their more appropriate Forum categories. So for example, if you'd posted 'here' in the past about having your e-mail blocked due to a SpamCopDNSBL listing, and you can't find your discussion now, please go to the top of this discussion board (try clicking on either the first link point "SpamCop Discussion" or the "Invision Power Board" logo - both at the top left of the "web page" view) and locate the applicable Forum .. in this case, "SpamCop Blockinglist Help" ...

(Bowing to Wazoo, tongue firmly in cheek) "We're not worthy! We're not worthy!"

Seriously though, they can search for their posts by their user name if they click on "Search" (upper right), then on "More Options" (bottom center) and fill in the "Filter by Member Name" field.

Seriously though, they can search for their posts by their user name if they click on "Search" (upper right), then on "More Options" (bottom center) and fill in the "Filter by Member Name" field.

21661[/snapback]

Is there any way for a Member to toggle IPB's Search's "More Options" on by default? That is, when I click "Search", I'd like to go directly to the "More Options" Search Page.

Is there any way for a Member to toggle IPB's Search's "More Options" on by default?  That is, when I click "Search", I'd like to go directly to the "More Options" Search Page.

If there is, I haven't found it. This would probably have to be a thing to raise over in the Invision support Forum. On the other hand, there are settings and options I've not even peeked at, not wanting to exceed the intentions of JT's decision to allow me access to the controls <g> I am toying with an alternative search thing, but even if I do get it all sorted out, not sure where to place it.

Working on the FAQ now .. imagine my surprize at finding out that the very first link in the one 'here' is dead <g> ... found out that the www.spamcop.net FAQ doesn't appear to be indexed at Google, so now building my own copy of URL = Title listing of contents there ... working towards finding all the links that go to within the web-based Forum structure rather than to the "top" ... which of course has led to discoveries of other interesting tidbits and issues, not to mention some ancient reminders of the way things 'used to be' <g>

Clicking on "My Assistant" in the tool bar will give you access to your last 10 posts

Clicking on your log on name in the tool bar "Logged in as:xxxxxx will give you an easy way to seach for posts or topics create by you.

If you are looking for posts from another member and you are currently viewing one of their posts, simply click on their name and it will take you to that users info menu.

Clicking on more opions at the bottom of the search window will allow you to filter by member name. The advanced options do help in limiting the displayed information, but depending on how you use them, they may filter out too much information.

It would be nice is there were an option to do a sub search on the current seach results, but that is not currently possible.

• 6 months later...
Is there any way for a Member to toggle IPB's Search's "More Options" on by default?  That is, when I click "Search", I'd like to go directly to the "More Options" Search Page.

21673[/snapback]

Looking for something else, this post popped up ... I flipped a flag quite a while back, not sure why I didn't post this .... but the "defailt" now in using the "Searc" link does take one to the "Advanced" search screen ... I have no idea how long ago it was that I did this, thinking it was long before adding the extra search bar at the top of the screen, no even sure how long ago that was now <g> ....

Archived