Confirmation codes do not match?

Faithfully copying the headers and body of the "SpamCop account configuration email" into http://www.spamcop.net/mcgi?action=mhreturn results in the following:

Sorry, SpamCop has encountered errors:

Confirmation codes do not match:

From recipient address: jTjmqL5VJ7Oprq1D                                       

From header:            jTjmqL5VJ7Oprq1D

From body:              jTjmqL5VJ7Oprq1D

I'm old and blind but those sure do look the same to me... :blink:

Is it putting a space or tab before or after? I checked the headers and body and I don't see anything unusual around the codes...

I'm starting to report in volumn again and would really like to make sure I have all the t's crossed and i's dotted.

Other discussions within this Forum tend to point out a white-space issue around those codes (usually after one of them) ... Unfortunately, the issue seems to be different between users, based on the tools in use.

21689[/snapback]

I thought I had checked for that before, :huh: but I did find a large number of spaces on the X-SpamCop-Conf: line after the code in the header of the email... My MTA may have added them; I don't know.

Removing them allowed the configuration to proceed. :)

Thank you for the assistance.

May I suggest, with the understanding that i'm not on your programming team and I don't know if there is some reason why you can not, that a quick "trim" would be a good idea before the comparison? :unsure:

Removing them allowed the configuration to proceed.  :)

Wahoo!! Thanks for the feedback.

Thank you for the assistance.

Glad it was an easy and correct answer.

May I suggest, with the understanding that i'm not on your programming team and I don't know if there is some reason why you can not,  that a quick "trim" would be a good idea before the comparison?  :unsure:

For this part of the system, there is really only one programmer, Julian himself. I'm betting that this item may be on his list of things to do ... but probably not way up there yet ... again, only some users seem to run into this, and for those that do, the 'solution' has been discussed here a number of times, so possibly minimizing the impact seen ... The Deputies peruse these Forum discussion, and I've also no doubt that this has been brought to Julian's eye by these fine folks ... but again, congrats on working the issue and joining the fight!

• 1 month later...

I too got bit by this bug. The solution, after getting a hint from Deputy Ellen and re-reading these discussions was as simple as removing the trailing spaces on the

X-SpamCop-Conf: 3vKhNZxyzzyXYXXY header.

All the rest of the header and body was a straight paste into the webform.

thanx,

/od55

p.s. I concur: A little coding to trim the lines would go a long way towards making the process a little more user friendly...

• 3 months later...
Sorry, SpamCop has encountered errors:

Confirmation codes do not match:

From recipient address: jTjmqL5VJ7Oprq1D                                     

From header:            jTjmqL5VJ7Oprq1D

From body:              jTjmqL5VJ7Oprq1D

Faithfully copying the headers and body of the "SpamCop account configuration email" into http://www.spamcop.net/mcgi?action=mhreturn results in the following:

I'm old and blind but those sure do look the same to me... :blink:

21688[/snapback]

I had the same error (with a different thrice-repeated code of course). Dragging the mouse over it showed an awful lot of spaces after the first of those three codes.

Confirmation by email allowed (after a minute or two) the new host to appear on my "Mailhosts" page without further action by me. Long live Mozilla Thunderbird! :)

Archived