[Resolved] Userid not found for confirmation code

I can recieve the emails fine, I add the headers/body to the form and click process.

But then I get "Userid not found for confirmation code: loh2en4cUU6yoAko

Perhaps your confirmation code has been changed since you received this sample email. Please try again".

(I received and processed the emails in less then 4 minutes so time isn't an issue).

I deleted those emails and redid the full registration process only to receive the same error.

Have you looked at the Pinned items?

Did you look at another very recent Topic http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=3273 or others with a similar 'complaint' ????

I'm not sure if that is the issue, as your description and error message seem to be a bit different than what most every else has posted in the past, but suspecting that i's the same situation.

OK, as I said, your error description did seem to be a bit different. Sorry for pointing out the obvious, but the hit-and-run thing has happened too many times before, and you made no mention of anything but 're-trying" to send an e-mail.

Which is one of the other items asked about .. I thought there was also an opportunity to paste stuff inot a web-form box .. an attempt to try to get around some e-mal issues???/

At this point in time, perhaps backing out of the MailHos thng would be in order, if you want to continue submitting spam. Posted elsewhere, Ellen has advised that the staff is really taking some time off for the current holiday. Though someone may actually check in this week-end with the powers to look at and adjust anything, it does sound like even an e-mail (per the Pinned items) may not get handled near as quickly as usual ....

Not sure what you mean by this

Which is one of the other items asked about .. I thought there was also an opportunity to paste stuff into a web-form box .. an attempt to try to get around some e-mail issues???

But I will try to explain.

In normal operations I MUST use the "outlook/eudora workaround form" to report because Opera 7.5 doesn't seem to forward the full headers.

I can only access them separately.

When I signed up for the mailhosts system, it sent 2 emails to my account (via the 2 different servers). I clicked on the link in the email (http://www.spamcop.net/mcgi?action=mhreturn) and pasted the headers and body into the correct box's, then submitted it.

That's when the error appeared.

Hope that helps.

I don't mind continuing with the old system, (I don't really get that much spam, sometimes a week or 2 can pass without anything).

But if I can help you guys debug the new system now, then it'll be great and (almost) bug-free later when it's the default.

When you receive your mailhost probe you will now notice that there is a url in it that leads to a webform where you can copy/paste in the complete headers from the probe and also the body of the probe. Once you do that and click the button you will find out immediately whether the mailhost was added or whether there was a problem

Yes I did see that.

It only desribes the new way of doing things, which I did. And when I clicked the button, I found out immediately that there was a problem.

As I said earlier, I try to help myself first. I searched google, I read thru the archived messages here, I read ALL of the stickies and so on before I asked for help.

The only thing I can offer is based on your continued description of "pasting header and body" .... so jumping to the possibility that you are copying the entire block in mass .... try being very specific on the codes. for example, starting at the right end of the sequence, moving back to the left to insure you are not including the white space discussed thus far.

If that isn't it, guess 'we' wait until one of the Deputies answers your e-mail.

I tried it that way and found some white space in the middle of all the headers (ie: From: <space> spam-me[at]microsoft.com).

I didn't/couldn't see any white space before, so not sure why I can now.

Anyway, I removed it and she worked.

Thanks for your help, now I'm off to complain to Opera about the way they handle headers.

Archived