Email system redundancy?

Been reading of some email problems that have left users of a large UK ISP without email for over a day.

It got me wondering, what, if any, redundancy does the Spamcop email system employ?

I've had my account a couple of years now and don't recall any major problems so it's curiosity more than concern.

cheers,

Paul

• 2 weeks later...
Been reading of some email problems that have left users of a large UK ISP without email for over a day.

It got me wondering, what, if any, redundancy does the Spamcop email system employ?

I've had my account a couple of years now and don't recall any major problems so it's curiosity more than concern.

cheers,

Paul

21899[/snapback]

Anyone??

I noticed whilst doing something else that spamcop has two MX records with different priorities, but they both point to the same pair of IP addresses, which also seemed odd.

cheers,

Paul

Wow, over a year ago .... DNS Issues, An explanation of what's been going on ... the long weekend as I recall <g>

And of course, you've hit both here and the newsgroup <g> ... noting answered here first .... have no idea what happened with your first post here. other than noting only JT would have that actual answer and not sure he'd want to hand out too much data, noting that the security of the building is so good that he can't be contacted while working his magic on-site .. (also a historical circumstance <g>)

Archived