SpamCop members to BILL Spam tolerant ISP's

petzl

I would say this is a legitimate claim against these criminals

even in South America, China and prticually USa. Australia has AU$Million a day fines for such

I would say we have members here who can write a legal binding "BoilerPlate" bill to be included in abuse reports to any provider that (for instance) does not come off SpamCops members blocklist

Once/first time is OK first time then after a weblink in every report with latest tally of what is owed to SpamCop Maybe even in Writing (hardCopy)

When the Bill looks like it reaches an amount that a legal team believe they could collect on let them have 100% of the claim?

AOL has or is finding that chasing spammers with lawsuits is detering them

AOL reports decrease in spam

Sounds interesting :D however I don't really see that people would see this very seriously. Spamcop is just a means of reporting these spammers and does not necessarily provide any service to the ISPs so they would have no incentive to pay. In my opinion, it would devalue the whole point of using Spamcop, to report spammers, creating a blocklist against them and would most likely undermine its credibility when people begin to think that it is simply a moneymaking scheme for the owners of Spamcop!

• 1 month later...
Sounds interesting :D however I don't really see that people would see this very seriously. Spamcop is just a means of reporting these spammers and does not necessarily provide any service to the ISPs so they would have no incentive to pay. In my opinion, it would devalue the whole point of using Spamcop, to report spammers, creating a blocklist against them and would most likely undermine its credibility when people begin to think that it is simply a moneymaking scheme for the owners of Spamcop!

22656[/snapback]

I don't mind if Sueing Spammers was a money making scheme for SpamCop

However I suggested the legal expenses and rewards could go to the Legal team diciding they had a winning Case

Some time ago "Hey Pete" from the other SpamCop forum tried this by adding a fee to every abuse report he sent (or along these lines)

I'm suggesting it can be done and successfully

Archived