How do I get Hotmail to reveal the full, unmodified email?

dr_bobbs

35 minutes ago, MIG said:

I'm in the process of REMOVING AV as expert opinion is that's what's causing [Win Security][Security at a glance][Page not available] issue.

I were saying run it before removal. To see if it says something. (may have IP's on a bad list)
To get a STABLE WIN10 you need to run "Windows10Upgrade9252.exe"  from Microsoft not the "Check for updates" this will do a FULL upgrade without removing files/programs

1 hour ago, petzl said:

I were saying run it before removal. To see if it says something. (may have IP's on a bad list)
To get a STABLE WIN10 you need to run "Windows10Upgrade9252.exe"  from Microsoft not the "Check for updates" this will do a FULL upgrade without removing files/programs

Hey Petzl,
I have a stable W10, it's been fully rebuilt, reloaded after being fried by 🌩️🌪️🌩️, not sure where you live but here 🌳s have been reduced to kindling. I'm almost done unistalling AV, couple more reboots to go, thenI'll test [Win Security][Security at a glance][Page not available] issue & post back.

Cheers.

3 minutes ago, MIG said:

Hey Petzl,
I have a stable W10, it's been fully rebuilt, reloaded after being fried by 🌩️🌪️🌩️, not sure where you live but here 🌳s have been reduced to kindling. I'm almost done unistalling AV, couple more reboots to go, thenI'll test [Win Security][Security at a glance][Page not available] issue & post back.

Cheers.

I'm in Sydney Australia still run "Windows10Upgrade9252.exe" .if you can find it from Microsoft

Thanks, MIG, sorry but I did not notice before that there are now 2 "..." menus (or maybe it was always that way), and I was selecting the wrong one.

Now when I select the correct "..." menu, I DO see the "View message source" choice, so I AM able to complete your Steps C and D.

However, it still does not work; and the SpamCop parser does not give a TRACKING URL. It still says only

"Sorry, SpamCop has encountered errors:
Headers not found.

It appears you did not provide all email headers.  Please consult this FAQ
for more information on getting full headers from your software, then try
again.

<https://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/19.html>"

I should mention that, at this point, I cannot yet submit actual spam mail, since, while trying to fix this problem, I deleted my mail host. Now I am trying to re-establish my mail host. So the email that I am trying to submit is this one from SpamCop robot <mhconf.zf39KL0eu1bRzJOv@cmds.spamcop.net>:

"Hello SpamCop user,

This email contains special codes and tracking information to help SpamCop
figure out your specific email configuration.  Do not post this email in
public.  It contains confidential information related to the security of
your SpamCop account.

Please return this complete email, preserving full headers and the special
tracking codes below.  Visit this address:
https://www.spamcop.net/mcgi?action=mhreturn

Alternately, you may submit via email.  Forward the message as an
attachment to this address.  Or create a new message and paste this email
into it.  Either way, send it to to:

mhconf.zf39KL0eu1bRzJOv@cmds.spamcop.net

Some email software may only support one or the other of these submission
methods.  For information on your email software and to learn how to get
full headers see this FAQ:
https://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/19.html

Special codes follow:
################################################################
X-SpamCop-Mx: hotmail-com.olc.protection.outlook.com.
X-SpamCop-Mx-Ip: 104.47.46.33
X-SpamCop-Mh-Name: hotmail.com
X-SpamCop-Recip: dr_bobbs@hotmail.com
X-SpamCop-Unixtime: 1550255621
X-SpamCop-Conf: zf39KL0eu1bRzJOv
X-SpamCop-Randomness: chrC9zu3WrwZ2OK9
X-SpamCop-Hash: 006f51aae9f8f1f18eac3564f9d16c69
################################################################ "

image.png

46 minutes ago, dr_bobbs said:

Thanks, MIG, sorry but I did not notice before that there are now 2 "..." menus (or maybe it was always that way), and I was selecting the wrong one.

Now when I select the correct "..." menu, I DO see the "View message source" choice, so I AM able to complete your Steps C and D.

However, it still does not work; and the SpamCop parser does not give a TRACKING URL. It still says only

"Sorry, SpamCop has encountered errors:
Headers not found.

It appears you did not provide all email headers.  Please consult this FAQ
for more information on getting full headers from your software, then try
again.

<https://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/19.html>"

I should mention that, at this point, I cannot yet submit actual spam mail, since, while trying to fix this problem, I deleted my mail host. Now I am trying to re-establish my mail host. So the email that I am trying to submit is this one from SpamCop robot <mhconf.zf39KL0eu1bRzJOv@cmds.spamcop.net>:

"Hello SpamCop user,

This email contains special codes and tracking information to help SpamCop
figure out your specific email configuration.  Do not post this email in
public.  It contains confidential information related to the security of
your SpamCop account.

Please return this complete email, preserving full headers and the special
tracking codes below.  Visit this address:
https://www.spamcop.net/mcgi?action=mhreturn

Alternately, you may submit via email.  Forward the message as an
attachment to this address.  Or create a new message and paste this email
into it.  Either way, send it to to:

mhconf.zf39KL0eu1bRzJOv@cmds.spamcop.net

Some email software may only support one or the other of these submission
methods.  For information on your email software and to learn how to get
full headers see this FAQ:
https://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/19.html

Special codes follow:
################################################################
X-SpamCop-Mx: hotmail-com.olc.protection.outlook.com.
X-SpamCop-Mx-Ip: 104.47.46.33
X-SpamCop-Mh-Name: hotmail.com
X-SpamCop-Recip: dr_bobbs@hotmail.com
X-SpamCop-Unixtime: 1550255621
X-SpamCop-Conf: zf39KL0eu1bRzJOv
X-SpamCop-Randomness: chrC9zu3WrwZ2OK9
X-SpamCop-Hash: 006f51aae9f8f1f18eac3564f9d16c69
################################################################ "

image.png

Hello dr_bobbs,

Great you've sorted "how to access source data"; that's very good to know. Re [tracking URL], I had a feeling/thought, at the start of yesterday, maybe the reason there was no URL posted was because it wasn't being generated.

Re the Spamcop email address [received from Spamcop Robot],  that's exactly the same email I received when I fist began using SpamCop, trying to use that method. I tried everything possible to use that method,  was never able to. I consulted SpamCop Admin and came to the conclusion that using the online parser, which was successful 99% of the time was the best solution for me. I've never tried again using the special SpamCop email address as my focus was on submitting as much spam as possible rather than mucking around trying to make something work that clearly wouldn't.

Do you need a hand with setting up your Mailhosts? If you do please post back, it might be wise to pm any sensitive information... 

So, at this point I'll say cheers, it's apparent it's been a trying issue for you.

grass🦗hopper. 

😊

Thanks, MIG,

Yes I could use a hand please with setting up my Mailhosts, since the method I'm using now, which used to work, no longer works. I'm not familiar with the online parser.

Yes, this has certainly been a trying issue for me. I had been using SpamCop for decades, and now I can't get it to work any more.

1 hour ago, dr_bobbs said:

Thanks, MIG,

Yes I could use a hand please with setting up my Mailhosts, since the method I'm using now, which used to work, no longer works. I'm not familiar with the online parser.

Yes, this has certainly been a trying issue for me. I had been using SpamCop for decades, and now I can't get it to work any more.

Hello dr_bobbs,

No worries, progress has all ready been made, everything can be sorted😊

(not familiar with online parser), (imo) it's easier than the other method but don't worry, everything can be sorted😊

(setting up Mailhosts) I've sent you a pm. 

21 hours ago, petzl said:

You will still need a AV but all need a fair bit of learning about. Windows Defender is as good as any, a pain to work out also.

Thanks Petzl, 

I wasn't planning on going naked on the IE, just temporarily removedAV to test why I could not see  https://ibb.co/pw2Dt6g.

Even tho (mostly) all AV products are good, sometimes, they can can contribute to problems, as in this case, blocking your link & not issuing an alert that I could have "told" the AV to manage.

Cheers

On 2/17/2019 at 8:16 PM, petzl said:

I'm in Sydney Australia still run "Windows10Upgrade9252.exe" .if you can find it from Microsoft

Hey Petzl,

" run Windows10Upgrade9252.exe"  Why?

grass🦗hopper  not understanding, wary of upgrading anything without knowing rationale. 

Cheers.

1 hour ago, MIG said:

not issuing an alert that I could have "told" the AV to manage.

Seems "normal" with all AV's - A pain.

1 hour ago, MIG said:

Hey Petzl,

" run Windows10Upgrade9252.exe"  Why?

grass🦗hopper  not understanding, wary of upgrading anything without knowing rationale. 

Cheers.

If you just use "update", in my case, left a lot of problems and the "normal" un-stability  of WIN10 and checks if indeed you have the latest version.
https://www.digitalcitizen.life/how-get-anniversary-update-today-windows-10-update-assistant

3 hours ago, petzl said:

Seems "normal" with all AV's - A pain.

If you just use "update", in my case, left a lot of problems and the "normal" un-stability  of WIN10 and checks if indeed you have the latest version.
https://www.digitalcitizen.life/how-get-anniversary-update-today-windows-10-update-assistant

Hey Petzel,

Trust me, I have the latest version:

• after 1809 was pulled by Microsoft (Oct/18), because it screwed so many W10 MS Customers 💻s (including mine) MSL3/grass🦗hopper   did a clean install.

&

• after 💻 was barbecued 12/2/19, ITechie Expert & grass🦗hopper  did a clean install, applied all updates, got 💻back to normal, stable and 99% of all data restored -> the slow part😊 

Cheers.

2 hours ago, MIG said:

clean install

OK best way to go.  In that case  runing "Windows10Upgrade9252.exe" will only say "you have the latest"

Archived