Authenticated SMTP server

James Cridland

I like using my mail client on this here Mac, but it's a real bind having to change my outgoing SMTP servers now and again, depending on which network I'm connected to.

I'm also aware that my current ISP is expecting me to send email as blah[at]myisp.com when actually I'm using my own domain-name, which goes through a spamcop.net account. This might cause problems for some mail servers in future, if SPF or something similar happens. (Actually, SPF is a side-issue here - my primary reason for requesting this is to stop changing stuff.)

So. If SpamCop had an authenticated SMTP server, ideally which can be used with my own domain email address as well as [at]spamcop.net, then it would be many a splendid thing, and I'd personally pay to use it.

I also need a SMTP Server. I wish to use spamcop mail with the mailclient on my mobile phone. Most mobile phones with mail clients allow different servers for incoming and outgoing mail, but NOT different accounts for both.

So I need a SMTP Server with the same user and password.

Regards

Jochen

I like using my mail client on this here Mac, but it's a real bind having to change my outgoing SMTP servers now and again, depending on which network I'm connected to.

23216[/snapback]

We're working on this. It's not a next-week thing, but almost definitely will happen in the next few months.

JT

I can't wait to see how many spammers sign up to abuse the system without worry of being kicked off right away.

What kind of outgoing checks will you be using? or is it too early to ask?

23385[/snapback]

Those questions are exactly why we haven't offered this in the past.

JT

Archived