Mailhost help request

Tiny bit of background, then a question...

In January, we upgraded our AS measures on our mail hosting server (CommuniGate Pro on FreeBSD) to include SpamAssassin 3.0.3, and we built a SpamCop account at that time so we could use SA's reporting mechanism to submit stuff to SC in a moderately automated way (a human still has to start the reporting run...).

Having done this a couple of times, we now find ourselves listed in the SCBL, and I am pretty sure it's a result of us reporting spam mail destined for one (or more) of our customer domains.</BACKGROUND>

<QUESTION>I have begun to add mailhost entries for our server to the mailhost system, but for the two domains I have used for testing (the ones on our server for which I have a physical account) I am getting only a single mailhost record with the two external IP's for this machine listed. Do I need to register all the other domains (30-odd), or will the mailhost system work them all out from the IP addresses (both of which are now in there)?

Just seen dbiel's response to aardwolf's post entitled Mailhosts - definitions above and got the answer I needed; now that the SC mailhostdb knows about both the IP's on our box (regardless of the domains we service mail for) no further action should be required on our part.

If this is likely to change at any point in the future, can I politely ask you post it in large, friendly letters on the front of the spamcop.net website? I'm gonna have a bucket load of additions if I ever have to list them all :D

Good question mode. Fantastic research job. Thanks for the follow-up. Glad to be of service <g>

Now for the bad news ... more research on other Forum sections and / or the newsgroups would have found a number of instances of the major complaint that it is pretty rare for changes to posted, or noted, especially on that first web page. That question of "where to go to find status" on something has been around from the beginning, especially when it was www.spamcop.net that was down .. this said after watching the system grow from a computer on the kitchen table to the world-wide thing that it is today <g>

Note later on: What an interesting coincidence ... caught up in three other support Forums, checked this one for hanging issues, nothing seen, closed fown my web browser ... hit my OE screen, checked the spamcop newsgroups, saw a post advising that www.spamcop.net was down ... fired up the web browser, saw the same notice, posted an advisory here in Announcments ... another coincidence, saw Ellen 'here' .. shot her a PM (against her "do not PM me" sig line) asking if she knoew anything about the outage ... she's gone from here, no answer ...

However the good news is that www.spamcop.net is now back on-line <g>

Archived