What is 'SpamCop Quick reporting data'?

Why do I receive emails titled 'SpamCop Quick reporting data'? Is there a way to turn this feature off? I am rather certain that SpamCop is doing a good job at the reporting and I don't need a detailed confirmation.

Any help is appreciated. :unsure:

It is YOUR responsibility to see that YOUR reports went to the proper location so that YOUR account does not get revoked or fined.

Spamcop makes mistakes every once in a while and humans (I am assumung here ;) ) do as well. Just the other day I reported a whole page (10 messages) from my Inbox when the webmail application returned to that page after I reported a page from Held Mail and I clicked OK before fully realizing it. Luckily, they were all to old to report, so no harm was done.

If something does go wrong, contact deputies and the people who received the incorrect reports.

There is no way to disable the function.

OK - you have me totally lost. Following is the first few lines of the email that I receive:

SpamCop.net

Here are the results of your submission:

Processing spam: From: wgjptw[at]yahoo.com

Subject: [spam] Purchase Prescription PAIN & Diet Pills Online Here!

Received: (qmail 27017 invoked from network); 4 Feb 2005 14:46:23 -0000

warning:Ignored

Received: from unknown (HELO c60.cesmail.net) (192.168.1.105) by blade6.cesmail.net with SMTP; 4 Feb 2005 14:46:23 -0000

And here is the last line:

May be saved for future reference: http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z728708050z4f...c840e088e126e2z

Here is what I am doing: I log into webmail.spamcop.net and I look in the 'Held mail' folder. If the email is spam then I click the boxes and choose to report it. Afterwards I receive these emails tittled 'SpamCop Quick reporting data'.

What am I doing wrong and who should I contact? :(

Thanks for the feedback. :D

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z728708050z4f...c840e088e126e2z is the Tracking URL (please see the Glossary, linked to from within the Forum FAQ) which allows 'me' to look at what was reported. In this case, it shows that reports have in fact gone out on this spam ....

Reports regarding this spam have already been sent:

Re: 207.111.252.230 (Administrator of network where email originates)

Reportid: 1352675521 To: abuse[at]got.net

Reportid: 1352675527 To: postmaster[at]got.net

You have this account configured to use the MailHost data.

I'm trying to figure where you see a "problem" ...

I'm editing your last post to remove the un-needed entire quote, as that data is from the post immediately above your reply in the discussion .... please see the 'button confusion' entry in the "How to use ..." Forum, sub-Forum of "SpamCop Forum" ....

There is no "problem". I would just rather not receive these reports. If I have made an error in the configuration then I would appreciate assistance in idenfying where that option is located and how to change it.

There is no "problem". I would just rather not receive these reports. If I have made an error in the configuration then I would appreciate assistance in idenfying where that option is located and how to change it.

23958[/snapback]

Your own email client can sort them into a folder or even delete them at server if that is what you wish you just set up your email clients rules. It is best you just have them sorted to a folder and (auto)marked read

As Steven tried to explain, these are notifications of the parsing/reporting results. If you want to handle them by writing a filter, deleting them on sight, etc. .. that's your call. On the other hand, at some point in time, we might then see you posting in here, asking about situations like "why did my SpamCop account get canned?" .. or even worse "why did my ISP close my account?" The SpamCop parser relies on a number of outside sources of data, so when those resources crap out or if one of Julian's last modifications didn't quite work as expected, this is where the "you are responsible" thing comes back into focus. The parsing/reporting is just a tool, and very few tools actually work with no supervision.

Your own email client can sort them into a folder or ever delete them at server if that is what you wish you just set up your email clients rules. It is best you just have them sorted to a folder and (auto)marked read

23960[/snapback]

It's to do with legal implications of who is reporting and thus blocking spam and ignorance is no defence

When the men in black come looking it is YOUR door they will break down

Archived