[Resolved] Enable emoticons? for PMs.

get-even

Hmmmm, off that the last thing that comes to mind in the IBP support Forum was a request to add the smiley/emoticons to the PM function .. now you say it's "on" here ... I'll look around and see what avalable, then look for this next time at IPB ... gads, what a mess that place is .. it seems like it's a bit of a parallel of the SpamCop system .. Matt is "the guy" .. on the other hand, there's a large number of folks wearing a "staff" button, but only a couple of them seem to spend time answering queries ... again, support seems to be on a peer-to-peer for the most part, yet ....

I feel like a bit of an idiot in there, after spending three or four days reading 'everything' ... then starting with a question or two (and have yet to have my queries answered) .... but there's this mass of folks that seem to feel that as they've spent some money on the product, they are entitled to an immediate response, no matter how obvious the answer may be, then getting excited when there isn't an answer in 5 minutes, so they "bump" their Topic to get it back to the top of the list ... folks not taking the time to look at all the Forum sections existing, so it's hard telling what's actually posted where at times, which means I still read over a dozen Forum sections over there in hopes of finding an answer or tip ... crazy ... anyway, will take a look ....

Well, I'm going blind. Based on a mySQL limit, there is no way to search for words less than 4 letters .... and "list" turns up a zillion hits with folks concerned about the "who's on-line list" ... have ran various boolean functions trying to narrow it down, but .... there are some bugs of the List function still out there .. but after 4 or 5 hours into this search, let me offer this up in the interim, maybe this will help? (and the weird thing is, I can't remember where I found this documented ..???)

1. test
  2. test 2
  3. test 3

now with spaces to 'show' the code;

[ list = 1 ]

[ * ] test

[ * ] test 2

[ * ] test 3

[ /list ]

"list=a" is another optional ....

Did find that lots of others noticed that the "List" button was missing after the last upgrade ... will see if I can toggle some bits and bring the button back <g>

Note: List button resurrected for posting and PM screens.

• 7 months later...
... (and the weird thing is, I can't remember where I found this documented ..???)
  1. test
  2. test 2
  3. test 3

now with spaces to 'show' the code;

[ list = 1 ]

[ * ] test

[ * ] test 2

[ * ] test 3

[ /list ]

"list=a" is another optional ....

24060[/snapback]

JFTR that would be http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?...&CODE=bbcode&s=

Haven't been able to find by search who posted the link a month or two ago but many thanks, I promptly bookmarked it (it is, in fact, the URL of the pop-up obtained by clicking the "BB Code Help" link when in entry/edit mode).

Archived