419 email report abuse@ocn.ad.jp auto responder ?

I apologize in advance if this is not the correct forum or if this idea is wrong or not in line with the forums guidelines ( i tried searching but could not find anything )

here is the basic idea : of late i have been receiving 419 scam email from the ip address  which the under the control of abuse@ocn.ad.jp  and every time i report i get a auto responded from them reproduced below 

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for your e-mail.

We will deal with this situation once we figure out who the user is.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience this matter has caused you.

Thank you again for reaching out to us.
Respectfully,

now this comes with a Tracking number in the header,

Will it make sense to send the a report to additionally report to

info@jpcert.or.jp, abuse@ocn.ad.jp, sec@jnsa.org, info@jc3.or.jp

to compel ocn.ad.jp to find the customer responsible and terminate the connection or deal according to the AUP ?  i know this goes against spamcop's policy not to send email to people not related to the incident but this problem has not been addressed long and all the email addresses are related to cyber security incidents in japan. and I am thinking that open relay SMTP is a cyber security problem also.

would this work ?

Hello HeatherReid43,

• Re "selecting SCF category for posts"

Never let concerns about where to post stop you from posting, there's very good & helpful SCF people who'll move any "misplaced" post to the correct location.

• Re "escalating ongoing spam that is not being addressed"

Sometimes rules are meant to be broken, oftentimes fighting spam makes rule breaking mandatory😎

• Specific to "419 scam email"

Are you able to post us a Spamcop Report URL please?  {He means a Tracking URL}

It'll look similar to: 

https://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z-very long-number-z😊  at the top of your submitted SC report.

Cheers!

To the ghost who wrote "{He means a Tracking URL}", Thanks for the correction, that's exactly what 🦗meant. 🦗 is a tired, Caffeine depleted🦗 & that's why you're a Master & I'm a only a 🦗😁!

Edited by MIG

On 4/5/2019 at 1:54 PM, HeatherReid43 said:
  • 419 scam email from ip addresses under the control of abuse@ocn.ad.jp 
  • compel ocn.ad.jp

Hello HeatherReid43,

"The address that I received emails from when I contacted them directly is 'abuse_support@ocn.ad.jp' which is listed as the "OCN Internet Security Team".

• Reading the 5pg post, I'm not sure ocn.ad.jp, can be/will be compelled to do anything, however, me personally, I'd forward any unattentioned spam to all of the addresses you've listed, include in the forwarded email: the offending ip/s & a note, e.g. "X is being used by criminals to distribute unsolicited phishing spam".

Please let us know if you have any success.

Cheers!

Edited by MIG

• 2 weeks later...

Again it seem that there is no more 419 spam email originating from ocn.ad.jp so it seems that the above blitz of email reports was successful.

great job of reporting and great action taken by ocn.ad.jp admin to boot off spammers from the network and taking steps to reduce spam for the whole internet

HeatherReid43,

I second the Master's kudos to you HR (hehe, that's "Her Royal").

Job very well done💪👍👏!!

My own experience, using SC & going thru hard slog when it appears a mail account is in the firing line, keep the notifications going & voila, at some point in time, it goes from 100s x daily to 1 or none.

When it 1st happened, I posted:
"think there's something "wrong" with mail acc, not getting any spam".

Now you've had a mighty success, you are entitled to be referred to as HR aka the Queen!

Cheers!

GH

Edited by MIG

• 1 month later...

today after a long amount of time i again received 2 419 spam emails

from

(mas-vc-mts-102c1.ocn.ad.jp [153.138.237.87]) with subject "Contact Rev.Frank for your bank check $800,000"

and

(vcwebmail.mail.goo.jp ([153.149.140.98]) with subject "United Nation Diplomatic Agent"

spam reports send to the correct abuse addresses. 

so something has revived from the dead grave

1 hour ago, HeatherReid43 said:

today, after a long amount of time, i again received 2 419 spam emails

something has revived from the dead grave

Hello HeatherReid43,

I read 2419😱, immediately began thinking of s🔫lutions to keep💩☠⚰.

Rereading, relieved it's only two!

Are you adding hostmaster@nic.ad.jp (with notes) to the SC reporting distributions?

Cheers!

G🦗H

1 minute ago, HeatherReid43 said:

you are funny!

& you've made me😂

All 🦗s are funny, look at me, is that anything other than funny? If you looked like that you'd know how funny you are 'cause people would laugh at you every time they saw you, or squash you!

Happens to funny old G🦗H every time I venture off the grass🤣

😉

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/20/2019 at 6:57 AM, HeatherReid43 said:

Hey  @HeatherReid43

When I parse I get the same as you ( I think)

https://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z6560834333zcdffbb65e17c13c1feb6ff3d7dd203c9z  , but no

Opera Snapshot_2019-07-23_013604_www.spamcop.net.jpg

Tad confused by: [Reports regarding this spam, have already been sent]?

On a lighter note, $2,500,000.00 USD, on an ATM card no less!

2,5mil, that'd keep the family fed for a week or two😉. And Mrs.Murakami Yukie has covered 1/2 the 🌐, working so hard getting the 🤑 to you, sigh, why are we so unappreciative?

Cheers!

G🦗H

Edited by MIG