disinformation newsletter is gettlng flagged by SA

i get mail at this machine for more than one address. spamcop only deals with mail sent to my spamcop.net address, but not with any of the other ones... and it's the other ones that get all the spam.

24233[/snapback]

Then you are not getting the most out of your spamcop.net account. If you redirected those other addresses through your spamcop account, you would get all of that spam filtered out before it reaches your server.

If you redirected those other addresses through your spamcop account, you would get all of that spam filtered out before it reaches your server.

24236[/snapback]

how does one redirect addresses that aren't the address with which one signed up for spamcop, through a spamcop account? i was always under the impression that spamcop was for one account...

Any email account you can forward to another address can be forwarded to your spamcop address which will filter through your selected blocklist/spamassassin settings. This configuration depends on the account you are forwarding.

Any email account you can POP, spamcop can POP for you into the spamcop account which will filter through your selected blocklist/spamassassin settings. Options, SpamCop Tools, Configure external POP servers. You can even get AOL and Yahoo accounts popped using popgate as found in the FAQ.

I use my spamcop addresses primarily now (including plussed addressing where available). I have my ISP account forwarded to spamcop to catch any communications they may send. I have spamcop POP my yahoo account which is used for a couple Yahoo groups to send administrator messages. I also currently have, but am phasing out, 5 poboxes.com addresses which all dump into my spamcop account, some of which I have used exclusively since 1996 and get LOTS of spam. I use webmail all day long to report my held mail and the few spam that slip through to the inbox. Once a day I then POP this mailbox to my local machine where I filter the messages based on the plussed spamcop address or the sender.

how does one redirect addresses that aren't the address with which one signed up for spamcop, through a spamcop account? i was always under the impression that spamcop was for one account...

24243[/snapback]

Just have your ISP forward existing email addresses to your SpamCop address (often easily done using an ISP web site or phoning them) Turn that ISP's filtering OFF SpamCop's email is state of art with zero deletion of any false positives, SpamCop also checks for known Viruses on your email

If you have to you can have SpamCop POP those accounts (Forwarding is quicker and best)

POP Setup Page (you need to login)

Hotmail you need to read this POPING Hotmail AOL Yahoo

Make sure you have ALL emails with different domain names listed with your SpamCops Mailhost Click tag MailHost after logging on

Try to just use your SpamCop email addy and phase out the others over time

A SpamCop email address is the only email address you will ever need

While you are spending time here, try taking a look at the Forum FAQ ... It sounds like you'd be amazed at seeing what's "hiding" in there <g>

Archived