SpamCop charges

bplummer

How is it that I even ended up with SpamCop watching my email account? How is you people can just charge me money when I wasn't aware that you were even helping me? I just see the charge on my bank slip every month, (there you are) and wen I call your number (650)989-6500, the number is no longer in service. I'm thinking you people got a shady thing goin over there! I'll be in touch! <_<

SpamCop.NET does not charge by the month, perhaps SpamCop.COM does - I suggest that you check with them, and with your bank to get details on who they are paying on your behalf. IronPort Systems' phone number per http://www.ironport.com/about/contact.html is (650) 989-6500, I just called it, and it worked.

It sounds like you want the people in charge of spamcop.COM, not spamcop.NET.

The only charges available from spamcop.net are if you have an email account with them ($30/year) or a paid reporting only account ($x/MB reported).

I know they used to be a site you could buy anti-spam software that was questionable, but have not heard anything about them recently.

If you are getting a reject message to emails sent, please post that message so we can see if this product that is charging you is actually helping spammers use your machine for their own use.

P.S. I am going to leave this here for a short while until we get more specifics from the OP. It probably belong in the lounge, however. The wording of the first line could be interpretted as being on the spamcop bl.

Archived