Consistent parser problem

eaolson

I have one persistent spammer sending me various offers. When I first parse these spams, the reporting addresses are various addresses at omeda.com, which is the spammer. These addresses apparently bounce, so they get redirected to devnull.

When I look at the routing details, which I think refreshes the information, the parser comes up with an abuse address of abuse[at]sprint.net. When I re-parse the spam, reports then go to sprint.net rather than devnull. (For all the fat lot of good that will do.)

My concern is that this isn't a one-time thing. It happens every time. This is the only spammer I've seen this sort of behavior. Is this expected behavior for the parser, or should I bring this up on spamcop.routing and ask for an override?

Example: http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z744853425zbe...94b5c5ec586a11z

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same problem. I have been trying to send out simultaneous copies of abuse reports to spam[at]UCE.GOV, iacp[at]secretservice.gov, and my ISP. However, I have Juno who isn't worth a whole lot of anything and probably won't do anything about it. Their spam filter doesn't work very well and allows the spam to be downloaded after it is blocked on the same transmission.

ZCorker

:angry:

I am having the same problem.  I have been trying to send out simultaneous copies of abuse reports to spam[at]UCE.GOV, iacp[at]secretservice.gov, and my ISP.  However, I have Juno who isn't worth a whole lot of anything and probably won't do anything about it.  Their spam filter doesn't work very well and allows the spam to be downloaded after it is blocked on the same transmission.

ZCorker

:angry:

26152[/snapback]

...My experience with Yahoo!Mail is much better in terms of spam filtering -- spam goes into a separate folder and (I believe) is only downloaded if I click the link to see the folder contents and then click the link representing the spam itself (which I have to do in order to report it).

Archived