initial setup...

jsheffie

Hi,

I'm new here, and am having a little difficulty finding where to post my situation. anyway, maybe an admin can move me if I am wrong :-)...

I have been looking around the internet for sendmail configurations for spamcop andI cannot seem to get it to work.

I think I followed the setup line on the spamcop website correctly, however I continue to receive the "Uh-Oh SBL block not working" email on my test box. below is my sendmail.mc file and system info. All other email works fine, in and out. I just can't seem to get the blacklist setup correctly.

I have m4'd the heck out of this today.

System: SuSE 9.2

Sendmail: Ver 8.13.1

divert(-1)dnl

divert(0)dnl

OSTYPE(linux)dnl

DOMAIN(generic)dnl

define(`confBIND_OPTS', `WorkAroundBrokenAAAA')dnl

FEATURE(`dnsbl', `bl.spamcop.net', `"spam blocked see: http://spamcop.net/bl.shtml?"$&{client_addr}', `t')dnl

MAILER(local)dnl

MAILER(smtp)dnl

thanks in advance for any insight you can provide..

-Me

Thanks Jeff,

The spamcop site said the are issues with newer versions of Sendamil and to use the Enhanced blackist feature.

I did a straight copy/paste for the enhdnsbl option. It includes the `t

I will try the normal dnsbl and get back to you.

-Me

I replaced the enhdnsbl entry and replaced it with the normal blacklist entry. I also removed the IPv6 to IPv4 workaround. Neither try worked.

I will attempt to replace all backquotes...

[EDIT]

The backquotes are needed. Otherwise it ignores the IPv6 workaround and tells me enhdnsbl and dnsbl are non existant.

Thanks

Archived