Something going on with Spamcop?

A question...

At about 2:00 PM Central today, I noticed that the spamcop accounts we use for our business were no longer getting mail from our "business name".com accounts. We use spamcop because it has reduced the amount of spam by an impressive amount. We have email forwarded from our naturalbridgecaverns.com account to our spamcop.net accounts.

To test this, I have successfully sent emails from both an aol and a gmail account. Those emails arrived with no issues at all. I then went into the webmail program for our naturalbridgecaverns.com account and sent emails to our spamcop.net accounts. I have to receive any of these emails, and it's been over 30 minutes.

Any suggestions as to what's going on? Please let me know if you need more info to help diagnose the problem.

Thanks in advance

Brian Vauter

Not mentioned is how you are accessing the e-mail in the SpamCop account. The first guess from what you've provided is that e-mail from this business account may be getting tagged as spam and are ending up in your Held folder ...?????

A question...

Any suggestions as to what's going on? Please let me know if you need more info to help diagnose the problem.

Thanks in advance

Brian Vauter

26264[/snapback]

You have checked your Held Folder? You can check non spam email for whitelisting and forward

You have your Domain Name naturalbridgecaverns.com listed in your whitelist? (Also check your personal blacklist)

You have put your (one) "anybody<at>naturalbridgecaverns<dot>com" through Mailhosts? Just click the MailHost TAB in your Held Folder?

If possible collect your SpamCop email directly from "pop.spamcop.net" do not have SpamCop forward email to your email domain

This means simply less to go wrong and SpamCop's email is probably MUCH faster than your server anyhow. Forwarding is an unnecessary step and removes the problems arising from somewhere/one else

Well, things seem to be back to "normal." Though not sure if anything I did actually helped.

Thanks to Wazoo and Petzl (climber for a hobby?) for helping out with suggestions. I had already listed our domain in the Mailhost tab back when the powers that be in Spamcop send out the email. I deleted the hosts and then relisted them. After I did that, things started flowing somewhat smoothly. There's still a noticable lag time which didn't used to be there before, but email is moving from our companies' account into Spamcop.

For what it's worth, we started using Spamcop to filter the email after I had tried it and noticed a remarkable difference in the amount of spam getting through. We wanted to keep our business email address, so all of the email first goes to that server, and then that server forwards to Spamcop. From that point, Outlook (or Thunderbird in my case) downloads the email to our desktops. It was the forwarding between the business account to Spamcop which was out of whack.

But things seem OK for the time being. Again, thanks for the assistance!

Brian

Archived