Randomly rejecting Emails

I'm trying to figure out why Spamcop is accepting a message from X.X.X.X on one day, rejecting it saying the following "04-06-05 15:03:30 6 DMN: MSG 91733 Blocked X.X.X.X based on RBL List bl.spamcop.net" and the next day getting the following from the same IP "04-07-05 10:03:44 14 DMN: MSG 94476 Accepted connection: [X.X.X.X] (dns.domain.com)." This is very intermittent and quite frustrating. Just to avoid any confusion this is the message I got on the 5th "04-05-05 12:48:59 7 DMN: MSG 87122 Accepted connection: [X.X.X.X] (dns.domain.com)" So basically, one day it's accepted, the next is rejected and the day after it's accepted again.

Obviously I hid both the ip and domain name from post.

Any ideas?

Obviously I hid both the ip and domain name from post.

Then we can give you no specifics and all the information you need is located in the FAQ's at the top of this forum, specifically: Pinned: Why Am I Blocked? FAQ

Please read before posting

If you provide the IP, we may be able to provide some specifics about what is being seen coming from that IP address.

The SpamCop blocklist SCBL blocks the spam while it is being sent. Releasing IP when spammer has stopped sending.

The SpamCop Blocklist acts like a radar when spam appears in the form of abuse reports or spamtraps that IP is blocked. When reports stop comming that IP is released

If you choose to show the IP address more information can be given (SpamCop members can see what type of spam it is)

Way too much data missing i the query to try to give a specific and actual response. Other data beyond that already provided is that there is even a question as to the "SpamCop blocks" description. SpamCop doesn't even "block" e-mail for those that use a SpamCop filtered e-mail account, so one would guess that there is a mystery third-party involved here .. the recipient ISP of the intended e-mail target. If the real question is about the actual "blocking" action, that would have to be taken up with that ISP.

All the other ideas tend to go to identifying the missing data so that something could be researched. Perhaps a quick read of http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=3516 or a longer read of the link from the Forum FAQ titled How To Ask Questions The Smart Way (language issue, but there really is only one defintion for RTFM)

Archived