Just Wondering...

StevenUnderwood

My mortgage offers have been getting more specific over the last couple of weeks... A month ago, I found out I owned property in Sanford, NC that several banks were willing to offer me a mortgage for.

Now, for the last 2 weeks, they have mentioned the actual address: 507 n gulf st Sanford NC

I was just wondering today, how many others here own the very same property... and more importantly, whether this offer can be used as proof of ownership ;)

It is on the corner of N Gulf and Bracken, after all :lol:

Also, does anyone remember one of the satellite survey sites that would allow me to see what my house looks like?

Yes, and they're all from the same bogus sender, Brad Waters. I finally filled out their [at]#$% form...with only the correct phone number. I'm going to see how much info I can get from them about their company and, if I'm really bored, how long I can keep them on the phone before I tell them what I think of their spam strategy.

I would keep them at least a couple of hours, faking a heavy Indian accent interupted by long lulls and the occasional "pardon me, would you please kindly explain that to me again, Sir?". At the end tell them you are the representative of an outsourcing company in India and would like to do business with them.

Now, for the last 2 weeks, they have mentioned the actual address: 507 n gulf st Sanford NC

26494[/snapback]

I guess work must be slow today :) I can't remember when I last opened and read a mortgage offer - when I did the rate offered was less than I could earn interest in the bank on deposit here. So I considered borrowing the $100,000 pre-approved putting it on deposit and then paying it back.

But then I remembered someone telling me that you never get something for nothing and if something sounds too good to be true it probably is B)

Andrew

I guess work must be slow today  :) I can't remember when I last opened and read a mortgage offer -

26506[/snapback]

With the spamcop email system, I can read parts of the messages without ever opening the actual message. I never go beyond that.

I know reporting the spam to Spamcop is the only useful thing to do, but it sure is nice to scream at someone once in a while!!! Especially, when the same spam comes from the same person 5x per day for a year [at]#$%!

With the spamcop email system, I can read parts of the messages without ever opening the actual message.  I never go beyond that.

26508[/snapback]

This is also exactly what I do. Man, I love that feature. :)

I may have to take a nice drive this weekend and have lunch in Sanford :P

Also, does anyone remember one of the satellite survey sites that would allow me to see what my house looks like?

Terra server is a good one. But I just googled my address and my workplace. Little creeped out because I spotted my car in the workplace satellite image.

I hope that wasn't the day I ran rampant through the parking lot.....

Archived