Deleting whitelist entries

...how can i do this? I have about two pages of addresses I want to keep but deleting them one page at a time just takes too long. I would delete my account and open a new one if i didn't have half a year left... Some how I added all these addresses by accident. No idea how but if some admin/sysop could delete the whole lot it would be great as they are mostly spammer addresses which defeats the whole object of the service, non?

All the best Dave

I think you'll have to write to support <at> spamcop <dot> net to have your whitelist purged. It may take a few days to get a response, but that's your best option.

For future reference, it sounds like you selected a bunch of items in your Held Mail and accidentally activated the "Release and Whitelist" function, which can be done by clicking on it, or hitting the "Alt-n" key combination. I wonder what value you currently have for "Messages per page in the mailbox view" found under your "Display Options"? If you've got a high value there, and you accidentally activated the function I mentioned, that would explain how you wound up with so many items on your whitelist.

DT

As much as I hate the repetitive confirmations computers always throw at you, maybe asking for a confirmation on that function could be worthwhile (maybe only if you've selected multiple addresses), especially if it can be done by an inadvertant keypress.

...how can i do this? I have about two pages of addresses I want to keep but deleting them one page at a time just takes too long. I would delete my account and open a new one if i didn't have half a year left... Some how I added all these addresses by accident. No idea how but if some admin/sysop could delete the whole lot it would be great as they are mostly spammer addresses which defeats the whole object of the service, non?

All the best Dave

26602[/snapback]

If you write to JT WebPage he will purge it for you.

Although you can go direct to your WhiteList check all the boxes and delete them page by page (Probably best option

The reason for accidently whitelisting email address is the Repoting Held Mail Page scroll box at top of page will "SCROLL" as you move (scroll) to bottom of page using mouse scroll wheel (to "release/delete" button)

To avoid this happening click on page to remove the mouse activation of pages ScrollBar

For future reference, it sounds like you selected a bunch of items in your Held Mail and accidentally activated the "Release and Whitelist" function, which can be done by clicking on it, or hitting the "Alt-n" key combination. I wonder what value you currently have for "Messages per page in the mailbox view" found under your "Display Options"? If you've got a high value there, and you accidentally activated the function I mentioned, that would explain how you wound up with so many items on your whitelist.

26605[/snapback]

Thnaks for the comments - I'm sure i have added these addresses in error. but deleting 50 pages on my dialup account is just not practical. If I could select all the addresses or display all of them on one page it may be possable....

I have contacted JT as advised. thanks again

Archived