Thank you for registeringyour mailhost 216.194.7.5

As you can see i have done more than asked of me and i still get the good old

"You have failed to configure your own mail host, from which you pop mail

Mailhost: mail.cjb.net ( 216.194.70.5 )

Please correct this situation - register every email address where you receive spam" which i have done now 5 times with mail back saying so ! (*) is one of them ! i have been sending my "registering your mailhost " as an attachmnets....seems to ok but still your system seem to like to fail me and on the other hand does not!

any suggestion's

cyberblob my other user name is XXXXXXXX

(*) Hello SpamCop user

Thank you for registering your mailhost (216.194.70.5) with spamcop.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Received: from pop.cjb.net [216.194.70.5]

3: Received: from pop.cjb.net [216.194.70.5] by mailgate.cesmail.net with POP3 (fetchmail-6.2.1) for x (single-drop); Mon, 18 Apr 2005 10:00:45 -0400 (EDT)

Hostname verified: mail.cjb.net

SpamCop received mail from sending system 216.194.70.5

You have failed to configure your own mail host, from which you pop mail

Please correct this situation - register every email address where you receive spam

~~~~~~~~~~

(*) Received: from pop.spamcop.net by for spamcop[at]devnull.spamcop.net

(applied security profile: Low); Sun, 17 Apr 2005 06:24:52 +1000

Return-Path: <spamcop[at]devnull.spamcop.net>

Delivered-To: spamcop-net-xxxxxxxx[at]spamcop.net

Received: (qmail 22760 invoked from network); 16 Apr 2005 19:38:18 -0000

Received: from unknown (192.168.1.101)

by blade5.cesmail.net with QMQP; 16 Apr 2005 19:38:18 -0000

Received: from vmx1.spamcop.net (64.74.133.248)

by mailgate.cesmail.net with SMTP; 16 Apr 2005 18:38:18 -0000

Received: from sc-app4.eq.ironport.com (HELO spamcop.net) (192.168.19.204)

by vmx1.spamcop.net with SMTP; 16 Apr 2005 12:38:17 -0700

To: XXXXXXXXXX[at]spamcop.net

Subject: Spamcop account configuration: success

Precedence: list

Message-ID: <wh426169a9g5be1[at]msgid.spamcop.net>

Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 19:38:17 +1000

X-Mailer: http://www.spamcop.net/ v1.429

X-spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.0.0 (2004-09-13) on blade5

X-spam-Level:

X-spam-Status: hits=-98.5 tests=AWL,FORGED_RCVD_HELO,USER_IN_WHITELIST

version=3.0.0

X-SpamCop-Checked: 192.168.1.101 64.74.133.248 192.168.19.204

X-SpamCop-Whitelisted: spamcop[at]devnull.spamcop.net

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As you can see i have done more than asked of me and i still get the good old

"You have failed to configure your own mail host, from which you pop mail

Please correct this situation - register every email address where you receive spam"  which i have done now 5 times with mail back saying so ! (*) is one of them ! i have been sending my "registering your mailhost " as an attachmnets....seems to ok but still your system seem to like to fail me and on the other hand does not!

any suggestion's

26608[/snapback]

You should email deputies<at>spamcop.net, including Mailhost in the subject and your account information for them to take a look at it.

I have never seen a mailhost confirmation to an IP address before, but that does not mean it won't work. Is that how you would send email to that account? Usually, the IP address is generated as a DNS lookup of the hostname and the mailhost entry is send to username<at>domain.

You should email deputies<at>spamcop.net, including Mailhost in the subject and your account information for them to take a look at it. 

I have never seen a mailhost confirmation to an IP address before, but that does not mean it won't work.  Is that how you would send email to that account?  Usually, the IP address is generated as a DNS lookup of the hostname and the mailhost entry is send to username<at>domain.

26609[/snapback]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hello

well how about this one fresh off the spamcop press !

cyber

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Re: Spamcop account configuration: success

----- Original Message -----

To: <XXXXXXXX[at]spamcop.net>

Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2005 7:38 PM

Subject: Spamcop account configuration: success

Hello SpamCop user,

Thank you for registering your mailhost (216.194.70.5) with spamcop. oh this is for

pop.cjb.net if you need any referance

Because I have no reach into the MailHost thing, I can only go with what I see, and some of this is confusing. I see cyberblob as having made multiple postings within this Forum, yet doing a search for posts by thus user, only this discussion is returned. So what does the "more than asked of me" actually refer to?

I agree with Steven's observation .... but then wondering why SpamCop servers seem to be included in all the posted data. Isn't the normal method used to generate the 'test' e-mail to a specific account, at which time the return of the 'test' e-mail and codes would then be made "from" that specific e-mail account? I think what I am seeing is that the test e-mail is being sent to the e-mail account in question, but that e-mail is then POP'd by SpamCop and is then being returned from the SpamCop account, which throws all the numbers off ...????

Because I have no reach into the MailHost thing, I can only go with what I see, and some of this is confusing.  I see cyberblob as having made multiple postings within this Forum, yet doing a search for posts by thus user, only this discussion is returned.  So whar does the "more than asked of me" actually refer to?

I agree with Steven's observation .... but then wondering why SpamCop servers seem to be included in all the posted data.  Isn't the normal method used to generate the 'test' e-mail to a specific account, at which time the return of the 'test' e-mail and codes would then be made "from" that specific e-mail account?  I think what I am seeing is that the test e-mail is being sent to the e-mail account in question, but that e-mail is then POP'd by SpamCop and is then being returned from the SpamCop account, which throws all the numbers off ...????

26615[/snapback]

hello

sorry but i have ONLY HAD Posts: 7 "I see cyberblob as having made multiple postings within this Forum," (No 7) so whats with this multiple postings

Oh well there are too many hired guns here and you, your comments i have not got much help ! just flamed ! you can delete my membership here because it really not any help for a newbie to get any help at all...hey too maybe i should delete my 4 accounts with spamcop too ....how about lock me out and i haven't found any thing here ether ! just a wate of my time even posting here !

There are "Pinned" items - further qualified by "read before posting" ... there's no sign you did this. You posted data which led to questions that you've not taken the time to try to answer. I offered some observations, also suggesting questions, which you've ignored. You apparently ignored the line I put into almost all of the Forum sections "The primary mode of support here is peer-to-peer, meaning users helping other users. (please remember this at all times!) " ..... It was clearly stated by another user that this 99%+ of us don't have access to the internal workings, which is also made clear in the "read before posting / Pinned items" ....

I haven't a clue how you translated 'So what does the "more than asked of me"' actually refer to?" into "so whats with this multiple postings " ...??????

You are the one sitting at the controls at your end and with what you've provided thus far, there are no easy answers available beyond those already provided in the items you apparently chose to ignore. There isn't much that anyone "here" can do to work around this part of your problem, based on this kind of a response from attempts made thus far.

I would not have a clue what you are talking about some mubojobo..!

anyrate my qestion is not answered and i`m still waint for an answer !

I really geven up trying to as you loards of the forums any type of question and some person did sugget to email spamcop drectly and and cut of the hired gun seniro

cyber

I would say that you have more than enough answers at this point. Yes, it was suggested you send an e-mail, the same data as found in the Pinned - Read before Posting entries .... of course, "we" still wait for answers if you really wanted some help. At this point, you are wasting my volunteered time .. good luck elsewhere.

AFAICT, of the 3,406 registered members of these Forums, only four that I'm aware of have anything approaching a say in how the Mailhosts feature works for a particular mailhost, and the other 99.9% of us don't. Those that do can be reached via escalation from the deputies<at>spamcop.net address.

Archived