forward all mail in inbox

so, i've been using spamcop webmail for the past couple of years exclusively. now i want to start receiving that filtered mail at a gmail address. so i put the forwarding address into the appropriate blank in the settings area, and it works ... for new incoming mail. but i have around 1000 old messages in my spamcop inbox that i want to punt over to the new address also -- all at once, if possible. i tried the thing where you select multiple messages and say "forward," but not only does this consolidate them all into one message, when they are accessed at the destination mailbox, the sender appears to be myself at spamcop.net, not the original sender. it would be really sweet if gmail was able to pop from spamcop, but i think it's only capable of *being* popped to somewhere else. does anyone know how to go about this?

--amanda

does anyone know how to go about this?

--amanda

26876[/snapback]

There is no easy way to do it from the inbox. You could go into each message and use the Redirect link which will do what you want I believe, but with 1K messages there might be a better way. How I would deal with this would be to move (or copy) the messages to the Held Mail folder then utilize the Release link (or Release and Whitelist if wanted) just making sure that no spam has slipped into the list.

Good luck

Archived