Sendgrid reports dev'nulled?

Steve

https://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z6563416674z69d183e3fd56b1d4637b0d9020b3cee0z

Why are sendgrid reports dev'nulled? SC gives no reason for it when parsing spam email. If I report it manually to SG, I get an auto-reply.

Auto reply:

Subject: Thanks for reporting unsolicited email

Hello!

Thank you for the report of unwanted mail. Your complaint has now generated a ticket that will be reviewed by an actual human in the next 48 hours. If the complaint is a phishing message, it will be reviewed much sooner (usually within the hour during operational hours).

SendGrid takes these reports of unwanted mail very seriously, and we will work to identify the offending sender and investigate their email practices. Please know that you will likely only hear back from us if we require more information on this case.

If you would like to provide us any more detail, all you have to do is reply to this email, and additional information will be added to your ticket.

Please note that due to security concerns we will not open attachments under any circumstance. You must provide any necessary information in plaintext in the body of your report.

Have a great day,
The SendGrid Compliance Team

Steve

Tracking message source: 167.89.100.227:

Routing details for 167.89.100.227
[refresh/show] Cached whois for 167.89.100.227 : abuse{AT}sendgrid.com
Using best contacts abuse#sendgrid.com@devnull.spamcop.net

22 hours ago, Lking said:

It is quite possible that abuse{AT}sendgrid.com has ask SpamCop to not send reports.

Would like to know when (date) occurred as this is often a legacy issue which may or may-not apply today?
Some are from last millennium!

2 hours ago, petzl said:

Would like to know when (date) occurred as this is often a legacy issue which may or may-not apply today?

Not sure exactly what you mean

Steve

Edited by Steve

51 minutes ago, Steve said:

Steve

spam reporting started in 1998 and had some hiccups, some providers believed SpamCop was buggy so did not want reports they couldn't rely on.
Once turned off there was no time limit for the block (Devnull). Same for alternative or SpamCop abuse addresses given by abuse desks.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/5/2019 at 11:04 PM, petzl said:

spam reporting started in 1998 and had some hiccups, some providers believed SpamCop was buggy so did not want reports they couldn't rely on.

Yes.  Also, if I remember correctly, some ISPs were not happy about the munged reports and turned it off because of that.

On 8/5/2019 at 11:06 PM, Steve said:

Steve

On a certain date, sendgrid probably asked SC not to send spam reports. On that date, or soon after, somebody manually devnulled the sendgrid abuse address. That date would be interesting to know, as well as the reason the address was devnulled. That's what Petzl means with

On 8/5/2019 at 8:17 PM, petzl said:

perhaps someone with backstage access could shed some light, or clear up these murky waters 😉

On 9/5/2019 at 7:27 PM, RobiBue said:

On a certain date, sendgrid probably asked SC not to send spam reports. On that date, or soon after, somebody manually devnulled the sendgrid abuse address. That date would be interesting to know, as well as the reason the address was devnulled.

Might be good to have this as a new feature since most of these reports are not going any where any way.

• 9 months later...

Has there been any progress on this? I submit reports directly to abuse@sendgrid.com (not via SC) and they at least *SEEM* to get some attention.

Can anyone at SC shed some light on why sendgrid is devnulled?

Edited by jhg

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2020 at 2:16 PM, jhg said:

Can anyone at SC shed some light on why sendgrid is devnulled?

It would say something like bounces if they are rejecting the report.  This looks like it was manually turned off.  My suspicion is a deputy turned off their reports.  I think sendgrid if went in with their ISP account and turned off reports, we could get a message that "ISP does not wish to receive reports".  You can try a deputy at deputies[at]admin[dot]spamcop[dot]net.

Edited by gnarlymarley

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

In the past month, I've received a huge volume of spam from Sendgrid. They're VERY spammy emails: a phish, several Bitcoin scam sites, an "Elon Musk wants to give you Bitcoin" spam, "Buy Shares in Pot Companies" spam, and penny stock pump-n-dump spam.

Sendgrid has not responded to my complaints at all.

From the looks of the emails, at the very least Sendgrid doesn't enforce double-opt-in for their customers.

56 minutes ago, franklin said:

From the looks of the emails, at the very least Sendgrid doesn't enforce double-opt-in for their customers.

I agree that they don't enforce double-opt-in.  Someone signed up one of my spamtraps to a bando list and there was no double-opt-in.

• 4 weeks later...

Correct abuse report for sendgrid.com!

Domain Name: SENDGRID.COM
Registry Domain ID: 1552841541_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Updated Date: 2021-04-19T08:49:39Z
Creation Date: 2009-04-20T04:09:19Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2026-04-20T04:09:19Z
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
Registrar IANA ID: 146
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse@godaddy.com