Multiple Email accounts

ken_stifle

One "reporting" account is sufficient for most people I know. One would either log into 'their' www.spamcop.net web page and use the paste-your-spam-in-the-box or use the e-mail submittal address generated during registration (either free-reporting or reporting-only accounts)

Am I required to set up an account for each email address I own?

27439[/snapback]

A SpamCop account will "POP" up to ten different e-mail accounts (including Hotmail, Yahoo etc) Removing Virus's, accurately putting non spam in your Inbox. With spam going to a "Very Easy To Report" (VER) folder (No e-mail is ever lost) Allowing you to very effectivly attack and block spammers by a easy click or three of your mouse

It is best to have existing e-mail accounts forwarded to your SpamCop account as this is faster (almost instant) POP'ing is done around every 10 minutes depending on system load.

You are best to gradually start disusing other e-mail addresses and use your SpamCop address and POP directly from SpamCop. This avoids lessens the misconfiguration problems a major majority of ISP,s have with their systems

SpamCop is the only e-mail address you will EVER need

The reason we have a problem with spam is because of Internet Providers and their inability to secure the e-mail address they dump you with or force you to have. If spam was effectively blocked spamming would have no point! Even Hotmail offer a superior service to a vast many and is always good to have for first contact, as well as those “subscriptions” you have to sign up with. Hotmail (Microsoft) actively hunt down suing and jailing Spammers who attack their customers

I'd actually skipped the "SpamCop Filtered E-Mail Account" options based on this post being made in the "Reporting" Forum. Making believe that the 'read-before-posting' thing might have been performed, the Forum FAQ has an entry on multiple/family accounts for the E-Mail account type, so going with that possible response was already covered ....?????

Archived