[Resolved] Reporting email address in message body

I have received several spams that purport to be a "newsletter" selling "Email Marketing Services", with features that include "Opt in targeted email lists", and the ability to "Email from our servers and don't worry about spam complaints" using "Rotating IP addresses". Parsing the email shows that it passed through an open proxy (using their own services, no doubt).

There was no URL in the message body for SpamCop to report, just two email addresses: the "more information" address (tellmemore[at]sodetel.net.lb) and the "remove" address (remove[at]outsource2us.info).

My question is whether there is a way to use spamcop (or some other resource) to determine where to send complains about the email account(s). Would this even be worthwhile?

Log into "your" www.spamcop.net page, use the paste-your-spam-in-the-box entry form in the single-line entry mode ... simply paste in of the address in question, hit the submit button ... as in some of the "How to use ...." entries, other posts within this Forum structure, if the address comes back offering one of the intrenal SpamCop addresses, you shouldn't even try using that address. The FAQ here contains much data, Jeff G has added an entry found in the Glossary section that talks about Manual Reporting ...

The SpamCop parser quit reporting on these addresses as so many of them were bogus, not actually affiliated with the spammer, etc. The 'success' of reporting them yourself has the nebulous qualities of reporting the spewing IP address to that 'concerned' host ...

I didn't realize that the parser could be used that way.

27617[/snapback]

For the record, the text the Parser uses is "Paste entire spam (headers, blank line, body) - or - single address (one line only):".

Archived