Spam Deputy

myles

I used to use spam Deputy to pull Outlook mail headers and message bodies and send them directly to SpamCop. Then it stopped working when Microsoft changed email security features a year or two ago. Now it's necessary to go through View/Options/Internet Headers and copy the header manually. Is there a simpler way to do this? Am I missing something?

Post moved out of the "New Feature Request" Forum as it appears to have nothing to do with the SpamCop system, rather appearing to be an issue with the use of Outlook as an e-mail applicarion ....

Hard to guess at what you're missing without knowing what you've looked for. Have you looked through the FAQ? Have you contacted the author of this third-party tool in the last "year or two" ???? There are other tools out there, some recent versions of Outlook have some different capabilities, are you locked into using Outlook ...???

Post moved out of the "New Feature Request" Forum as it appears to have nothing to do with the SpamCop system, rather appearing to be an issue with the use of Outlook as an e-mail applicarion ....

Hard to guess at what you're missing without knowing what you've looked for.  Have you looked through the FAQ?  Have you contacted the author of this third-party tool in the last "year or two" ???? There are other tools out there, some recent versions of Outlook have some different capabilities, are you locked into using Outlook ...???

27807[/snapback]

I did contact the spam Deputy folks 2-3 times after the change but it seemed that the situation was unresolvable. Looking at their website, apparently there hasn't been any version change since that time; also, I'm using Outlook 2003 now, which came out subsequent to the lastest spam Deputy release. I'm not aware of any feature in Outlook that allows you to pull or "copy" a header automatically, you have to do it manually. I don't suppose I'm locked into using Outlook, except that I've got an awful lot of contacts, notes, tasks, calendar items and email history there. Can you suggest other tools or email clients that would make it easier to copy mail headers and message bodies to SpamCop?

Thanks, Myles

<snip>

Can you suggest other tools or email clients that would make it easier to copy mail headers and message bodies to SpamCop?

Thanks, Myles

27809[/snapback]

Hi, Myles!

...Wazoo gave you a hint when he wrote, "Have you looked through the FAQ?" Please see the entry on the main page of this forum labeled "Pinned: Original SpamCop FAQ Plus - Read before Posting" and scan down to the entry labeled "Alternate Outlook 2003/XP e-mail submit methods."

...Good luck!

Archived