BadMail

I get alot of "BadMail" in my exchange filter (I already know why and how). In looking through the badmail, I have noticed that they are ALL spam e-mails that were sent to other companies with headers and from fields that were forged to look like they came from my domain. They were returned to me because of the auto responder on the victim's mail server.

That is all good to me, but what I want to know, is if I report these e-mails that I get, does your system know the difference between the responding server and the SPAMMing computer. I know the difference, and it doesn't take long to figure out, but how would I go about reporting it to you?

Thank you

RW

Moved "here" from the "How to Use ..." Forum as I don't see any 'instructions' in this post ....

On the other hand, posting there implies that the existing "How to Use ..." items weren't perused, the FAQ (read before posting) wasn't looked at ... so I'm not sure what kind of answer is being looked for. "How to submit" your spam depends on what type of account you set up, ranging from free-reporting only to a filtered SpamCop e-mail account. Delving the source IP of the spew e-mail is what the SpamCop parsing and reporting tool is all about.

Archived