E-Mail Filtering

I have my filters set-up to delete misrouted emails, but the system only deletes them when I click the little martini glass at the top. Is there a way to have it actually delete all misrouted filtered mail so that I never see it? I don't want to see it. It is in my held mailbox and I just want it automatically deleted.

I searched high and low for this before posting.

Thanx in advance! :)

I have my filters set-up to delete misrouted emails, but the system only deletes them when I click the little martini glass at the top. Is there a way to have it actually delete all misrouted filtered mail so that I never see it? I don't want to see it. It is in my held mailbox and I just want it automatically deleted.

I searched high and low for this before posting.

28322[/snapback]

First, this seems to be webmail related. If you confirm this, I will move this discussion to that forum.

Second, you say you searched. Did you read the Forum FAQ linked to the top of each page? Specifically the SpamCop Email System & Accounts section and the entry: FAQ about the personal webmail filters, Client filters within webmail.

No, sorry, sadly Webmail's automatic filters only operate on the Inbox. You must click the little "Apply Filters on" funnel-shaped Icon (which also looks like a "martini glass") below the "F" in the "Folders" Link to apply the filters to any other mailbox/Folder (like Held Mail) while viewing that mailbox/Folder. I have mentioned this deficiency before in Webmail: features to filter Held Mail on display? and my Reply to Filter to auto-delete from Korea/China?.

... You must click the little "Apply Filters on" funnel-shaped Icon (which also looks like a "martini glass") below the "F" in the "Folders" Link to apply the filters to any other mailbox/Folder

28325[/snapback]

That's not what I see. I may see a different Webmail interface using Netscape on a Macintosh? Why would that make a diff I don't know.

What I do see is the FOLDERS icon and a FILTERS icon because I've allowed it to be displayed atop the window. That's the only funnel icon

that I get.

However if I go there, it allows me to enable "Allow filter rules to be applied in any mailbox? "

What I do see is the FOLDERS icon and a FILTERS icon because I've allowed it to be displayed atop the window.  That's the only funnel icon

that I get.

28350[/snapback]

It also depends on your filter settings...All these tested with IE6 on WinXP.

Disable "Apply filter rules whenever INBOX is displayed?" and the Funnel icon will show in the Inbox, otherwise it will not...

Disable "Allow filter rules to be applied in any mailbox?" and the funnel icon will not show in the other mailboxes...

Disable "Show the filter icon on the menubar? " and the top bar icon goes away...

I normally have all of them enabled.

It also depends on your filter settings..

28352[/snapback]

sir, I see these as 4 FILTER OPTIONS

But I don't quite get how they relate to the original thread about

You must click the little "Apply Filters on" funnel-shaped Icon (which also looks like a "martini glass") below the "F" in the "Folders" Link to apply ...
Except one option is "rules to be applied in any mailbox". But Jeff G. was telling a whole different way to apply a filter to another mailbox. I don't see that other way. That's all.

But Jeff G. was telling a whole different way to apply a filter to another mailbox.  I don't see that other way.  That's all.

28355[/snapback]

No, he was saying to click the "martini glass" icon when you are in the other folders, but that Icon may not be there unless the options I mention (specifically "Allow filter rules to be applied in any mailbox?") are enabled. The icon will only line up under the F in Folders depending on the sice of the icons in the menu bar, the length of the folder name, and the size of the text used. A more universal description would be the funnel shaped icon next to the Folder name near the Refresh and Search icons (in present).

Archived