[Resolved] can't find custom email address for reporting

meeble

Hello,

I registered for the free reporting account today on spamcop.net. i can log into my account,

but I can't find my custom email address to use for submitting spam.

I read through all of the FAQ (well, most of it) and it mentions that I should have received

this custom email address for reporting, yet I didn't. I looked through all of the web options after logging in as well.

Perhaps I am missing something obvious?

Regards,

Devin

Receipt of verification e-mail .... usually pretty instantaneous ... normal suggestion is to check Bulk/Junk folders etc. On the other hnad, you may be using an ISP that filters things badly.

"Custom" address ..??? if you logged into "your" www.spamcop.net web page, it's right there on the screen ...????

Receipt of verification e-mail .... usually pretty instantaneous ... normal suggestion is to check Bulk/Junk folders etc.   On the other hnad, you may be using an ISP that filters things badly.

We have been having some email issues, but it wasn't in any junk mail filter.

"Custom" address ..??? if you logged into "your" www.spamcop.net web page, it's right there on the screen ...????

28476[/snapback]

where? i go to spamcop.net, and then log in. I don't see an email address anywhere!

i go to spamcop.net, and then log in.  I don't see an email address anywhere!

28477[/snapback]

Well here's part of what I see when I log-in to www.spamcop.net:

Welcome, Paul White.

Your average reporting time is: 2 hours; Great!

Forward your spam to: submit.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[at]spam.spamcop.net or:

Paste entire spam (headers, blank line, body) - or - single address (one line only):

It should be right there in front of you. :)

Well here's part of what I see when I log-in to www.spamcop.net:

It should be right there in front of you.  :)

28479[/snapback]

Hello Paul,

I don't see any of those things. I am immediately taken to "ISP Control Center" with no

welcome screen, etc.

hmmm... I am on a Mac, and have tried it both in Safari and Firefox - same thing.

Thanks,

Devin

E-mail is a separate problem ... but you have managed to sign yourself up for an ISP account, not a user-reporting account. Either try again and try to generate a new account to see if that flies .... or go ahead and contact service <at> admin.spamcop.net to flip the bits on the account you're working ith.

I don't see any of those things.  I am immediately taken to "ISP Control Center" with no welcome screen, etc.

28480[/snapback]

That means you are registered for an ISP account, not a reporting account. ISP accounts are used to reply to spamcop complaints and probably get someindication of the reports coming from your IP's (I don't have one and am only guessing). It seems there have been a number of these types of problems over the last few months.

The following is a reply from Ellen (http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=3&t=2345&hl=&view=findpost&p=15062) about another person with a similar problem:

An ISP account cannot be a reporting account. If you send all the details to service<at>admin.spamcop.net including your registered SC email address and tell Don whether you want this to be a reporting account or an ISP account he'll get it straightened out. You can leave this account as an ISP account and register another email address as a reporting address. There are ISPs who also have separate reporting accounts.

thanks for the help.  I have no idea why my first attempt would end up being an ISP account, and my 2nd attempt worked as expected.  owel.

28487[/snapback]

That seemed to be the case in several of the previous failures. Possibly some kind of intermittant problem.

Archived